All of The Magic In Hampshire Swallowed By The Humdrum

Last night The Humdrum struck again! This time draining one of the oldest Magickal estates in Britain.

The Pitch Estate was attacked sometime late last night based on the so-called "freshness" of the Dead Spot. This is by far the largest Dead Spot yet, spanning all 1,455 square miles of Hampshire. This unfortunate country shares borders with five other countries including Dorset, Wiltshire, Berkshire, Surrey, and Sussex all of which, luckily, don't seem to have been affected at all. We're grateful it was only a single country affected but afraid it seems that The Humdrum has only gained power.

Nobody knows exactly what happened that night as the Pitches have been very private about the event that occurred at their home, and their plans to move. While Mr. Malcolm Grimm and his 9-year-old daughter Mordelia Grimm haven't been seen outside at all, Mrs. Daphne Grimm did give a statement.

"I speak for the whole family when I say this is terrible and not just for us of course but all the Magickal families living in Hampshire. But we will find a way to pick back up and carry on, we always do."

We tried to talk to the young Mr. Pitch who was on the scene with The Mage's Heir himself. When we inquired he dismissed us. Here is the conversation:

Reporter: What is Simon Snow, The Mage's Heir of all people doing here especially when tensions between The Old Families and The Mage are so high?

Mr. Pitch: Simon, isn't The Mage, he's my friend he's welcome here anytime he pleases. You, reporters, are not. There may not be Magick here anymore but this is still our home.

Reporter: So he was visiting at the time the Dead Spot occurred?

Mr. Pitch: What does that have to do with anything, are you accusing him of something? He isn't some culprit in an investigation so I would appreciate it if you didn't talk about him like he isn't right here.

Reporter: Okay. So Mr. Snow, do you feel guilty about bringing The Humdrum to your friend's home? [Simon doesn't answer]

Mr. Pitch: Simon, you don't have to answer that.

Reporter: What about you Mr. Pitch, do you resent Simon for leading The Humdrum here?

Mr. Pitch: No, I invited him knowing full well his status as The Humdrum's target. It isn't his fault this being has decided to torment him, nor is it his fault that you've decided to harass us. Now I think you've overstayed your welcome and I would appreciate it if you would please leave.

After that our reporter left, but not without new information. This is the first time that a Dead Spot has ever appeared in the same location where it attacked. Yes, we believe this was an attack not on the Pitches or rather Grimms but on Simon who was staying at the estate at the time.

More than that a mass migration must ensue now. Where will all Mages from Hampshire move? The Coven is organising crews of volunteers to help these now-homeless Mages get settled into new homes. But what does this mean for the English Magickal Community? With the Humdrum's power apparently on the rise the schism between English Mages only continues to grow. Will we be able to defeat The Humdrum before we destroy ourselves?