Chapter Eight

Disclaimer: I own nothing!

A/N: Final chapter y'all!  I like this story, and I wanted to do a riders of berk version but I also wanna change stuff as well so im thinking about just writing a whole new story, same plot and have that follow the riders of berk.  It's cause I think of things to make it better or I want it to be darker.  I also want to be able to add the teens more cause while I have started on riders of berk, I feel like I need to add more lines and revamp it and all that jazz.  Also if you guys want me to rewrite Snoggletog or any of the other shorts let me know.  I think I will eventually get a snoggltog episode in the works but with the book of dragons and boneknapper I may not.  Let me know what y'all think.  Feedback is appreciated!  Thank you guys for your love and support over this story as well!

Two weeks had passed and there had been no signs of Hiccup waking up.  Her loyal dragon had refused to leave her side through the whole process.  Stoick may have been annoyed with the dragon but knew that he couldn't fight it.  The dragon had saved Hiccup and Hiccup loved that dragon that she'd risk her own life for his.  As annoying as it was, Toothless kept away anyone who wasn't taking care of her. 

Toothless barely let anyone close to Hiccup and barely even let her healers close to her.  Stoick had tried to kick the dragon out of the house but he refused to leave Hiccup's side.  The dragon had barely even eaten anything, the only person the dragon seemed to eat anything from was Dagur and he was the only Viking that was allowed to stay the closest to Hiccup which frustrated Gobber and Stoick to no end as the two weren't even betrothed any more.

Gobber had crafted a whole new prosthetic for Toothless and had even crafted a leg that would work with the gear for Hiccup.  Gobber had managed to find out where she kept the key for her lock box to figure out the mechanics of the tail but had added his own spin to it.  Gobber had also stumbled upon a design for barracks and had presented it to Stoick who immediately got a head start on getting it built.

The other chiefs had left after a few days on Berk.  They weren't happy that Stoick had almost led them to their deaths.  They did however allow their children to stay and learn all the dragon secrets from Hiccup, granted she woke up. 

The heirs and Berserker teens were all staying with different families temporarily but it was a group effort on everyone's part to get the barracks fully functional.  They were built away from the village and everyone would have their own stall that connected with their dragon's. 

Everyone was being kept busy which meant that when Hiccup woke up two and a half weeks after her coma, no one was there to witness it.  No one, except Toothless that is.

Toothless had sensed a change in Hiccup's breathing and so he began to huff in her face a bit, ignoring her personal space.  Hiccup, hearing Toothless slowly began to open her eyes.  She didn't register where she was at first, nor did she remember the events that last happened right away. 

"Oh, hey, Toothless. I'm happy to see you too, buddy," Hiccup tells him still half asleep.  That was when Toothless got a bit too much in her personal space and stepped onto her stomach which she immediately reacted.  It was also when she noticed just where she was.  "OW! What-- Uh, I'm in my house. You're in my house! Uh... does my dad know you're in here?!" Hiccup's bed had been moved downstairs.  That was when she started to remember the last events that had happened and realized that she must've been injured so her father wanted to keep a close eye on her. 

Toothless started to get hyper so she tried to get him to calm down.  It's also what caused her to pull the blanket aside and she was able to see that she had no left foot or even most of her shin.  Toothless was a bit curious about why Hiccup seemed upset but then he also noticed her foot.  He sniffed the contraption before looking at Hiccup in sympathy.  Hiccup took a few deep breaths so she wouldn't start to spiral and give herself a panic attack.