Ch 16

Arc 2.2- Sickly Student In Highschool

Zack showed a relieve smile after hearing the response he wanted from system 07.

He couldn't wait to see him again.

Zack opened his eyes to see the worried look of the middle aged woman on his left.

From the memories he had received fromhe original body,. this woman seems to be his mother, Madam Ophelia.

Madam Ophelia is such a generous and successfully lady. She is someone who donates occasionally to charities and reaches out a helping hand to others.

"Mom.. I'm alright now." Zack told madam Ophelia.

"Sweetie, it took you so long to reply to me. Are you sure you're alright?" Madam Ophelia sighed in relief.

"Mhm.. I am." Zack replied with a smile.

Madam Ophelia glanced at their private doctor for assurance that her son is alright which the doctor responded with a polite nod before he left.

"That's great to hear, sweetie. Now get some rest, okay?" Madam Ophelia left a quick peck on Zack's cheek which caught Zack off guard.

Well, it's actually normal for Madam Ophelia to do this kind of thing to her son but it wasn't for Zack, the new occupant of the body.

Zack watch as madam Ophelia leave his room. Afterwards, he slowly sat up the bed to see there is a maid sitting on the couch near the bed.

"Do you need anything, Young master? Water?" The maid came rushing to Zack after seeing him sit up.

There is always a caretaker present wherever Zack is because his situation is quite unpredictable.

"No need, Ann." Ann is the name of the maid according to the memories Zack had received.

Zack slowly step out of the bed to stand up and the maid assisted him.

"Where do you need to go, young master?" Asked Ann.

"I'll go in the bathroom. Wait outside." Zack said as Ann nodded.

Zack walked towards the door leading to the bathroom and opened it. Seeing the luxurious bathroom that is bigger than most apartments, He is unfazed. Afterall he is used to wealth like this.

Zack entered the bathroom and made sure close to door before checking himself out in the mirror.

He is met by a pair of beautiful blue eyes and pure black hair. The man in the mirror has a tall, sharp nose with full lips. Though, his skin is deathly pale He is still very handsome.

Zack pulled up the shirt he was wearing to check his body and noticed that he still hads his abs, even though it's a bit undefined and only 4 packs.

Actually, the original body didn't have any at all because he couldn't exercise due to his heart illness but when Zack entered the body, some of Zack's appearance merged with him.. Like his blue eyes and muscular body.

Zack is satisfied with this body's physics considering the fact that he has an illness and is only still 16.

After checking himself out, Zack left the bathroom to go to the kitchen outside.

Zack's room is on the 1st floor so he can get access to everything quickly. His parents room is on the 2nd and the 3rd floor is for entertainment.

"Young Master, I suggest you should continue to rest. If you are hungry, I can bring the food here. There's no need for you to go outside after such an incident happened a moment ago." Ann tried to stop Zack but Zack continued to move forward towards the kitchen.

When Zack entered the kitchen to see madam Ophelia talking with the cook.

"Zack? What are you doing here? Go take a sit." Madam Ophelia got worried for her son and immediately ordered Zack to sit down.

"Mom, I want to discuss something with you and father." Zack said before sitting down on a stool.

"Alright, sweetie but is your discussion with us so important that you have to go all the way here? You know you're unwell at the moment." Madam Ophelia  said as she placed a warm glass of water infront of Zack for him to drink.

"Yes." Zack replied with no hesitation. He wants to see him as soon as possible.

Madam Ophelia could only sigh at her son's stubbornness.

"Alright, I'll call for your father." Madam Ophelia said as she ordered Ann to call Zack's father.

A few minutes later a middle-aged man entered the kitchen. He is Zack's father named, Henry.

"What's the matter?" Master Henry asked as soon as he entered.

"I want to discuss something with you and mom, father." Zack replied.

"What might that be? And shouldn't you be in your room resting, son?" Master Henry patted Zack's head.

"That's what I told him but your son followed your stubbornness!" Inserted by Madam Ophelia.

"Well, if it weren't for this stubbornness of mine how do you think I'd succeed with pursuing you?" Master Henry laughed.

Zack could only sigh as he watched the two adults flirt infront of him.

"Can I speak now?" Zack interrupted them.

"Ehem.. Yes, sorry dear." Madam Ophelia smiled awkwardly when she realize that her son is still here.

"Well.. I want to go to scho-"

"No! No! No. You are not allowed." Even before Zack could finish his sentence, Madam Ophelia already declined.

"How do you think you can go to school if your in such situation? You don't know when an attack will happen, son." Master Henry spoke in a firm tone.

Zack stared at the adults infront of him with a determined expression.

"I know I won't be living for a long time and I don't want to waste my very little of life stuck inside the house, do I? I also want to experience what other kids my age does." Zack said which made his parents quite down.

"Zack, sweetie, don't say such a thing. You'll live a long life, honey. Mom and dad promise you that. In our care you'll grow strong." Madam Ophelia couldn't bare to listen to her son saying that.

"Mom, stop saying a lie. I know my body." Zack replied. "Can you fulfill my request? Even if it's my last."

Madam Ophelia could only hold back her tears as she grip her son's hand.

"Son,.." Master Henry sighed.

"Alright, you can go." He couldn't bare to watch his son die without experiencing the life he wants. So be it.

...

To be continued..