Ch 22.1

Weeks had passed since Zack started attending school. He and his lover, Xander had slowly grown closer to the point that Xander could now talk freely and feel comfortable around Zack.

Xander's living situation had gotten better after what Zack had secretly did behind the scenes.

Meanwhile, the story of the novel still continues like the original story line however with the absence of the villain which is Xander.

At the moment, Zack doesn't plan on touching the storyline of the main characters as they have done nothing that could harm Xander but that doesn't mean he doesn't watch over them. Zack always does.

"Hi, Xander~" Zack revealed a wide smile as he takes a sit on his chair beside Xander.

Xander's stoic face showed a subtle smile as he greeted Zack back, "Hi Zack."

"Did you hear that we will have a sports day next week?" Zack asked Xander.

Zack had heard the other students talk about this exciting event earlier and he couldn't wait to talk to Xander about it. Why? Because Zack realize how lonely Xander is without him and with this event going on he can help Xander have more friends, isn't that great?

"Uh-huh." Xander replied not feeling that the event is anything special.

"I heard your especially good at track? Do you want to join?" Zack asked as he took a bottle of Xander's favorite juice from his bag. He opened it and handed it to Xander. This routine always repeats everyday, Zack gives something Xander likes to him.

Xander took the opened juice naturally and habitually as this always happens.

"I'm not that good.." Xander lowered his voice, "Would you like me to join?" Xander ask with a bit of expectation in his usual cold tone.

"Of course! It would be so fun with you joining! I really want to see you run." Zack smiled sweetly.

Feeling fuzy in his heart, Xander's face couldn't help but turn red at Zack's smile.

"Then.. I'll sign up for that." Replied Xander.

"Great!" Zack chirped happily.

...

Marvin leaned on the wall as he talks with one of his minions.

"Can you believe it? Evelyn isn't interested in me!  She's the first woman to reject me! She's the first one who ignores me! And most of all she's the first one who caught my attention.." A smile formed on his lips.

"But boss.." Hearing his minion saying 'but' made Marvin look at him curiously.

"What do you mean by 'but'?" Marvin asked making his minion sigh.

"Boss, I had overheard a conversation with Evelyn- ahm.. I mean sister-in-law and her friend. They were talking about sister-in-law's crush." Marvin's ears perked at this information.

"It's me isn't it? Well, she may be trying to be hard to get but who wouldn't fall for my charms? My money? My looks? Ain't I right?" Marvin said with overconfidence in his tone.

His minions look down as he added, "Well boss.. The thing is.. It's not you."

Marvin's eyes which was full of confidence a second ago turned dim.

"What?"

The minion close his eyes and nodded slowly.

"What?!" An exclamation mark added to Marvin's previous word.

Marvin close his eyes in rage and jealousy. Once he opened them again he looked like he could kill someone.

"Who is it." It is not even a question.

The minion hesitated, "Xander."

...

To Be continued..

I wanted to update this story at the start of 2024 so I apologize if it is half done only. I will post the next part this week! Happy New Year! May everyone who reads this Stay Healthy always and God Bless!