Ch10: The Rescue Pt 2

Maddy was passed out in the gardening shed.

She hadn't been getting any sleep in the past couple of days, due to the sleepwalking.

As Maddy was passed out on the floor of the gardening shed, she began to have a memory dream.

It was of when she was little and she was sleepwalking and she had ended up at the Brooklyn bridge.

~ Dream Start ~

During the night, Little Maddy was sleepwalking.

She slept walk out of the house and down towards Downtown New York.

Within a matter of minutes, the little girl was now going towards the Brooklyn bridge.

Traffic on the bridge during the night was scarce.

The street lights were bright.

Little Maddy was now towards the middle of the bridge.

She was unaware of what was happening.

Soon, she was climbing one of the pillars of the bridge.

A portal began to open and out came The Ancient One, alongside Doctor Strange.

They now began to see Little Maddy, who was sitting on one of the tops of the bridge.

"What's wrong with her?" Doctor Strange asked, really concerned about the little girl.

"Sleepwalking. She's sleepwalking. I can't exactly put my finger on it but, whatever it is that has a hold on Maddy while she's sleeping, it's not good." The Ancient One said, in an explanation as they were now levitating over to the little girl.

Doctor Strange began to think.

"What can we do to help her?" He asked as they were nearing Maddy.

"We need to be as calm and quiet as we can. That way, we don't startle her." The Ancient One said, in an explanation.

Doctor Strange nodded his head yes, in agreement and the two began to calmly and quietly go near the little girl.

A few minutes later, Little Maddy began to wake up.

She looked around.

She saw that she was on the top of the Brooklyn bridge.

Little Maddy was now really scared.

As she was looking down at the dark water below, The Ancient One and Doctor Strange were standing right next to her.

The Ancient One on the left side and Doctor Strange on the right side.

"It's okay, dear child. You are safe." The Ancient One said, with reassurance in her voice, not wanting to startle Maddy.

Little Maddy looked back up from the water and looked at her left side and saw the bald woman in yellow.

"Hi." She said, not startled at all.

"Hello, Maddy." The Ancient One said as Doctor Strange placed his hand on the little girl's shoulder.

Little Maddy then looked over her shoulder at Doctor Strange.

Doctor Strange smiled.

"Hi, Maddy. My Maddy..."

~ Dream End ~

...........................................................................................................

A few minutes later, America and Doctor Strange had now began to approach the gardening shed.