breakfast in "bed" (ch.4)

A/N: my last chapter was very rushed and not very good so this chapter has a lot of nalish moments in it!

word count: 1645

warnings: some swearing, very little though. 

salish's pov

today was may 29th, jiji's birthday!! I woke up at five am so me and nidal could make jiji pancakes in bed before she got up like we planned. jiji's mom was unfortunately out of town coincidentally because she had a mandatory business meeting so neshan was watching us for the next couple days.

the day I got to the lake house I put all my clothes in the dresser so I wouldn't have to dig through my suitcase to find what I needed. I opened the dresser and grabbed out a pair of jeans with holes in them. then, I opened a separate drawer and grabbed out a tight light blue baby tee. I put both the pieces on and headed to my bathroom to quickly brush my teeth and throw my hair in a low messy bun.

after I finished my hair I walked over to nidal's bedroom and opened the door. not surprisingly, I found him laying in bed asleep. I walked over to his bed and shook him to wake him up.

"nidal wake up! it's jiji's birthday", I said.

"huhh?", he groaned in a morning voice.

his voice sounded so deep and soothing in the morning.

"nidal wake up we have to make jiji breakfast in bed!", I said.

"oh shoot!", nidal said.

he sprung out of bed shirtless in only a pair of tight b0xers.

"sh!t sorry nidal! I didn't know you slept in just your b0xers.", I said blushing as I turned around.

"it's fine salish wait right there. i'm just going to put on some sweatpants and then we can start making jiji her breakfast.", nidal said

I walked out of nidal's room with him following behind me. I turned to face him and realized he still wasn't wearing a shirt.

I quickly glanced down at his stomach and noticed the bold outline of his six pack. wow, I thought. he must work out a lot.

"nidal why aren't you wearing a shirt? I thought you were going to get dressed.", I said blushing.

"don't worry about it", nidal said as ran past me down the stairs.

"nidal!", I said laughing

I met up with him in the kitchen as he was getting out the pancake mix.

"we have to be somewhat quiet because everyone else is still asleep", I said

"yeah yeah sure whatever", nidal said.

"where do you guys keep your pans?", I asked.

"salish your pants look fine. why? did you want a pair of my sweats?", nidal said.

"no nidal I said pans. p-a-n-s.", I said.

"that makes a lot more sense. we keep the pans in that cabinet over there.", nidal said blushing and pointing.

while I got out a frying pan nidal read the instructions. 

"okay it says we add the pancake mix and water in a 2-1 ratio. so two cups of pancake mix and one cup of water", nidal said. 

I grabbed the bag out of the box and started pouring it into a large plastic measuring cup to the two cup line. then I grabbed out a 1 cup measuring cup and filled it with water to pour in. when I turned around from the sink nidal was right behind me.