the party (ch. 8)

warnings: mentions of alcohol, swearing, and underage drinking

A/N: thank you so much for 1.6k reads! I hope you enjoy this chapter! :))

word count: 1558

salish's pov:

we had just arrived at the party and I was really nervous, but sort of excited.

"I need to talk to you guys before we go in.", neshan said.

"me?", jiji said

"all of you. I don't want you guys getting into any trouble because i'm the one in charge of you. I need you to all be safe because if something ever happened I don't know if I'd ever forgive myself. please just don't make any stupid decisions.", neshan said.

"well said.", said juju.

"should we go inside?", jiji said

"I suppose", I said as I got out of the car

"jiji, nidal, and salish, please stick together. okay? as your first night as an 18 year old jiji I don't want you getting hurt.", neshan told us.

"we will! don't worry neshan", jiji said.

"first things first, we need to find where the punch is at.", jiji yelled over the music as we walked in the door.

"the punch? i'm not too thirsty right now", I yelled back

when we walked into the house the first thing I noticed was how huge the house was. the second thing I noticed was how strongly it smelt of alcohol. the house was crowded with so many people, mostly 17 and 18 year olds. the music was booming so loud that I could feel it in my chest. I would so be in trouble if my parents found out. but I guess you only live once, so I was going to have the time of my life tonight.

"the music is so loud!", I yelled to nidal

"yeah no kidding", he yelled back.

when we got to the drinks table we found a drink that looked like apple juice in red solo cups, which was obviously beer. next to that there was a slightly yellow drink, which jiji said was probably white wine or champagne. on the very right side of the table there was red solo cups with what appeared to be mixed berry juice filled to the brim of each cup. since the rest of the options were alcoholic we grabbed the juice.

"this juice is so strong", jiji said

"it burns the back of my throat.", nidal said.

"yeah, but I kind of like it!", I say drinking more of it.

"you're crazy", jiji says.

"do you want my juice too?", nidal asks

"and mine too?", jiji asked

"sure!", I say

"do you guys wanna explore around the house?", jiji asked

"sure!", I say

we were walking around the house and decided to get away from the strong smell of alcohol so we went outside.

"we should play corn hole!", I said when I saw the corn hole area.

"you're going down. you and jiji can play against me", nidal said.

"i'll throw first", jiji said.

jiji got one on the board and two in the grass.

"1-0!", I called out after taking another sip of my juice.