disneyland (ch. 14)

A/N: for the haunted house part of the story, credits go to @Pipsqueek2w

word count: 1485

warnings: some swearing

time skip to friday night

salish's pov

tonight for dinner we were all having pizza as a friday night sort of thing. nidal's mom explained that they all ate out on friday night as a "congrats, another week is finished!" type of thing. 

"soo, I was thinking since I wasn't here for your birthday jiji, i'm going to take all of you guys to disney", nidal's mom said

"wait actually?", jiji said with her mouth open in shock.

"yes", her mom said

"wait what day?", nidal asked his mom

"tomorrow. we're going to be there from open to close time.", their mom said

"oh my gosh, thanks mom!", neshan said

we all said our thank yous and continued to eat dinner.

"now, I want you guys to be up at five that way we can be on the road by 6:30", their mom said

"five o clock!?", nidal said

"yes, it's about an hour and a half drive away from here and if we want to make it from opening to closing, that's what we'll have to do", she said.

 when everyone was done I offered to stay back to help with dishes. 

"oh thank you sweetheart! you don't have to", nidal's mom said

"that's okay! I like doing dishes!", I said as I scrubbed a dish. 

"really? you need to hang out with my kids more! maybe it'll rub off on them", she winked

once we finished the dishes I went upstairs to clean up my bedroom a bit and pick out my outfit for tomorrow. I decided on a pair of jean shorts with a red cropped tank top. unfortunately I didn't pack my ears, so I would just have to get a new headband there. 

after I picked out my outfit I brushed my teeth and got ready for bed. it was only 8:30, but I didn't mind going to bed early. I was going to need all the energy I could get for tomorrow. I crawled into bed and daydreamed about all the fun things we would be doing tomorrow. 

BEEP. BEEEP. BEEP. 

I stretched my arm over to my nightstand and turned off my alarm. rubbing my eyes, I sat up in bed and stretched. I crawled out of my bed and made it, and then I went to the bathroom to do my skincare and makeup. 

I decided I was going to do a light makeup look for today. I put on mascara, blush, and highlighter, and then I got dressed. 

I stared at myself in the mirror, debating if I liked my outfit. I decided it looked cute and went downstairs to eat breakfast. 

it was about 5:30 and everyone was at the table eating waffles, everyone except nidal. 

"where's nidal?", I asked

"probably still sleeping", his mom said rolling her eyes

"i'll go wake him", I said because I hadn't started eating yet.

I got upstairs and knocked on his bedroom door, hoping he would hear. I got no response from him. I swung open the door and walked over next to his bed. 

he looked so peaceful sleeping. I felt bad for needing to wake him up, but I know he will be happy that I did. 

"nidal!", I said gently shaking him.