the mall *aka the "bridge" chapter* (ch.7)

A/N: thank you so so much for 1.3k reads! I just wanted to say I sincerely apologize for not posting in two weeks. my school work got a bit stressful so I pushed off writing and then I had no motivation to start a new chapter. also I had absolutely no idea what to write for the next chapter. like I know where I want the story to go but I have to incorporate a "bridge" chapter between the beach chapter and the chapter coming (which I am planning on it being a party) and I didn't know what to make the bridge chapter.. if that makes sense. anywho, I welcome you to the "bridge" chapter. 

word count: 1406

salish's pov: 

once we got home from the beach we all showered and got ready to go on a shopping spree at the mall for jiji's birthday. for my outfit I ended up just wearing the outfit I wore as my swimsuit cover up. 

"jiji you ready for the mall?", I asked at jiji's door

"yeah!! i'm so excited to go shopping", jiji said. 

at about five o clock we all got in the car to go to the mall. 

"what store do you want to hit up first?", I asked jiji

"maybe nordstrom..?", jiji said

"I love that store!", I said excited.

"next maybe we could go to hollister and then american eagle. oh! and we have to go to pacsun! ", jiji said.

"sounds like a deal to me!", I said super excited

when we got to the mall around 5:30 pm we made a beeline for nordstrom. nidal, neshan, and juju all went off to shop together or do whatever other manly things men do at the mall. 

we walked into nordstrom and were shopping around a little when jiji found a dark green billabong tee.

"this is so cute!", jiji said holding it up to her body

"that would look so cute oversized", I said

"you're so right!", jiji said

from nordstrom I ended up getting a pair of lightwashed jean shorts and a sage green cropped tank top. 

"on to hollister!", jiji said as we walked out of nordstrom. 

at hollister jiji got a baby tee that was navy blue and white, a pair of jeans, and a few other crop tops. I ended up getting a tight square neck long sleeve shirt that was cropped, an oversized plain white hoodie, and a tight cropped gray long sleeve shirt with a really pretty neckline. 

by the time we checked out it was about 6:30 pm, so we decided to meet up with the boys at the food court for dinner. however, on the way there we ran into one of jiji's friends. 

"hey jack!", jiji said

"hey jiji! happy birthday!", jack said

jack was 17, and about 5' 9". he had caramel brown fluffy hair and brown eyes. 

"thanks jack! what are you up to?", jiji asked

"actually, i'm just shopping around because there's a party at one of my friend's houses at nine. dude you should totally come beings it's your birthday!", jack said

"can salish and my brothers come?", jiji asked

"sure. wait your mom is actually gonna let you go? that's a first", jack said

"oh well she's out of town so I don't have to worry about asking", jiji said

"oh sick!", jack said