the flight (ch.2)

word count: 1946 words

salish's pov

two am came wayy too early this morning. i'm so tired. wait, I get to see nidal and jiji today! with that thought in my head I sprung out of bed and ran downstairs to make myself a quick breakfast. I grabbed a bag of frozen strawberries and a bag of frozen mango pieces out of the freezer and set them on the counter. then, I grabbed out our blender and some almond milk. 

I tried to blend my smoothie together as quietly as possible. I thought I would for sure wake my mom! luckily though, she didn't wake up. I carried my smoothie upstairs with me and set it on my bathroom counter to drink while I began to brush my hair with an extra brush I had. 

next, I tied my hair back and started doing my skincare, taking occasional breaks to drink my strawberry mango smoothie. then, I unzipped my duffel bag and grabbed my makeup bag out of it. I picked up my lash curler and started carefully curling my lashes. I looked at myself in the mirror trying to decide if I wanted to put on makeup today. I decided I would do a little bit of natural makeup. I put on one coat of mascara and put it back in my makeup bag. next, I put on some lip gloss and a little bit of blush on my cheeks and nose. perfect! I thought. 

I grabbed my cup with my finished smoothie and I went downstairs to put it in the dishwasher. 

"morning dad!", I said.

"morning salish! just a reminder we have to leave in a half hour!", my dad said.

"I know, i'm almost done getting ready", I replied. 

"excited salish?", my dad asked as I opened the dishwasher

"duhh!", I said as I started walking out of the kitchen. 

once I got back into my room I brushed my teeth and put my makeup bag back into my duffel bag. I can't believe how much time i'm going to spend with nidal and jiji this summer! I mean its going to be like three whole months! at that point i'm basically a part of their family. I was going to be staying at their lakehouse from may first to august fourteenth. since i'm homeschooled, school is already out for me. I love being homeschooled because my parents do the coursework a slight bit faster than normal school does it! meaning I can get out of school earlier in the summer and start a little later during the fall! 

hmm, what should I wear, I thought. I knew I for sure wanted to wear shorts and a hoodie. I opened my shorts drawer and to my surprise there was only about five pairs left. I grabbed the best looking pair from my drawer and put on one of my over sized hoodies. oh my gosh!! I forgot to pack my slippers! I grabbed my slippers from next to my bed and I shoved them in my duffel bag. 

I took a peek at my alarm clock and it was 2:40 am. whew! I thought. I made it in time. I grabbed my tennis shoes out of my duffel bag and put them on. then, I remembered if there was a super fancy event I couldn't wear any of the dresses I packed. I opened my closet and got out a red silky dress I had never worn before. perfect, I thought. 

The dress was a long, red dress and it was tight fitting. for the straps it was a spaghetti strap dress with a large slit on one side. I carefully folded it and put it at the bottom of my duffel bag, just in case, I thought.