Chapters 5

Mentions of domestic abuse??? And death

1980's

I woke up to a raging headache, confusion and frustration welcomed me to a new morning. It was still dark in the room the binds shutting out most of the sunlight from what I could see. I didn't remember where I was all I knew was that I could feel hands wrapped around me.

Nikki's hands hopefully. "Nikki?" I asked nudging him. "Hmm..." he said holding me tighter to him. "Nikki let me go," I said pushing against him. "No" his voice deeper than normal, "Nikki, I've got to pee," I said. Groaning he let go of me, "but don't leave before I wake up" He said his sleepy voice driving me wild.

"I won't" I stumbled out of bed using my arms as a guide around the dark room. After opening a few wrong doors I'd finally found the bathroom. I stared at the mirror for a few seconds soaking in my look.

A line of dark marks go down my neck, my hoodie unzipped not all the way but enough to show my boobs and part of my stomach. I sighed rinsing the taste of wine coolers out of my mouth with some mouthwash.

After doing my business I walked back to his room. It was an early way too damn early for a headache that felt like little devils stomping my head into little pieces. I laid back down trying to get some sleep thinking that would help with the pain. I ended up just staring at the ceiling for the better part of two hours.

"Lavender" I heard my sister say from behind the door, I didn't say anything not wanting to get out of bed. "Lavender I know yo ass wake up early as hell" I could hear her getting annoyed. Groaning I put my pants back on and walked to the door opening it.

"What?" I asked her, "I'm hungry and I love them lord knows I do, but those niggas can't shop for shit" She paused we both had a habit of talking fast and losing our breath mid-sentence, "So you trying to walk to the corner store they got sandwiches?" she asked.

"Bet" I zipped up my jeans I walked out of the room, and she gave me a look, "did yall" she started, "No but I'm bout ready to" I sighed. It was about eight so the sun was well in the sky I slipped on my sandals walking out the door behind her.

"He likes you a lot I can tell," Rose said breaking the silence. "Good because I like him a lot I'm just worried," I said shivering in the cool morning air.

"When are you not worried?" She placed a cigarette between her lips lighting it. "What's bothering you, Lavender?" I sighed looking at her.

"They're gonna get big and I'm worried about Mister finding us, and if there walking the red fucking carpet then it's gonna happen, and then what?" I took the cigarette from between her finger taking my own drag.

"We gonna deal with that when it happens but for now just like just vibe" She did a little dance taking her cigarette back. We walked into the store I grabbed one of those breakfast sandwiches that you microwave and a iced coffee.

We decided to walk over to a park and chill for a few.

Nikkis POV

"Where the fuck are they it's twelve," I said pacing back and finding, "I don't know man probably went home," Tommy sat on the couch watching something on the TV.

"I told her not to leave before I woke up" I ran my hands through my hair, groaning I picked up a half-drunk bottle of Jack Daniel's drinking the rest, it was too damn early to be getting drunk but choice I fucking have.

"We brought sandwiches" I turned to see Lavender and her sister walking through the door. Her smile fell when she saw the empty bottle. "A little early to get drunk" Lavender said handing me a sandwich. "A little early to be going out" I shot back, she rolled her eyes.