TWENTY-SIX

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIXjuliet saves the day

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
juliet saves the day

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

JULIET PLACED HER hands on the back of the chair that Barry was sitting on, watching the news. The police were currently investigating the girl that had taken the cell phone video of Tar Pit — who Juliet hoped was still a sludgy mess on the street.

"Hey," Joe announced, and Juliet turned to see him walking into the cortex. "I ran background checks on everyone involved in this Tar Pit mess, came up empty. I mean, they all have records, but they're sealed, so I can't read them."

"Well, that's 'cause you're bound by ethics, Detective West," Cisco replied.

"How many felonies are we committing breaking into sealed court records?"

"Eh, three or four. Nope, five."

"Oh, great," Juliet commented. "I love being a felonist."

Barry watched as the records got pulled up on the screen. "Well, they were sealed because the records are all juvenile offenses."

"They weren't arrested together," Joe stated.

"No, but look at this," Cisco said. "They served in the same juvenile detention facility. Actually, Monteleone and victim one were bunkmates."

"Who do we have shacked up with vic two?" Barry asked.

Another police mugshot showed up on the screen. Juliet's eyes widened and she straightened up, her hands falling back down to her side. That was the guy her and Iris saw yesterday — the leader of the drag races.

"Bronwen, comma, Clark," Cisco read. "Good luck finding him. He has a ton of addresses and I can't seem to find anything current. I'll run his picture through facial recognition."

"You don't have to," Juliet voiced.

Barry looked over at her. "What do you mean?"

"Because I've seen him."

He stared at her in confusion. "You've seen him?"

"Jules is right, that won't be necessary," Iris cut in, walking into the room. "In this case, we are facial recognition. We know exactly where we can find that guy, and, dad, you are not gonna like how."