THIRTY-EIGHT

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHTcan't catch a break

can't catch a break

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

SCARLET'S GOT IT was the new motto around S.T.A.R. Labs — for obvious reasons.

Juliet had taken the reigns on all of the crimes in the city, going on missions solo. Now, back when Barry had his speed, it wasn't exactly rare to see one without the other. They would team up and split ways to control more crime. But it was more often than not that the two of them would show up to the same thing, and Juliet could feel the city getting . . . suspicious, as to why the Flash wasn't with her.

That didn't stop her, though. Juliet knew Barry wanted to help, but there was only so much they could do at this point. So, yeah, crime had increased just a bit in the city since Juliet went solo, but she was still getting it under control.

Like now.

Bank robbers in a getaway car getting chased by cops, weaving through traffic and causing major roadblocks. Juliet was instantly on the scene, teleporting on the street right in front of the car. The car started to swerve to get out of her way, but with a simple mind connection and the outreach of her hand, the car slowed to a stop in front of her.

Juliet smiled at them, placing her hands on her hips. "Hey."

He pointed a gun at her from the rolled down window.

Juliet raised an eyebrow. With a casual flick of her hand, it flew out of his hand and went flying across the asphalt.

"Nice try," Juliet commented. She then glanced up to see the police cars skid to a stop, the police officers immediately getting out and pointing their guns at the car. "Good luck with that."

And with that, she teleported away.

Juliet appeared in the cortex of S.T.A.R. Labs, taking her mask off. "Too easy."

Iris raised her hand for a high-five, which Juliet instantly obliged. "Nice one, Jules."

Cisco then pointed at Barry, who was sitting in one of the rolling chairs. "You know, if they can get Tupac rapping again at a concert, we could get the Flash running around Central City." His eyes widened with inspiration. "Like a Flash video game. Oh, hold on—"