FORTY-ONE

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER FORTY-ONErun home to me

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
run home to me

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

JUST TO MAKE sure things didn't go south, Juliet went back to the West house with Joe and Iris. Thankfully, Wally offered her coffee, which she readily accepted.

Joe peered out of the curtains. "I can't believe he's coming here."

They all waited by the window, and Wally came back, juggling three mugs in his hand.

Joe took a mug. "Wally, thank you."

She accepted her mug. "You are a blessing, and I adore you."

"Don't mention it," Wally responded.

"Wait," Joe protested when Wally started to walk away. "I've been meaning to ask you. Uh . . . how are you feeling?"

"Tired, but fine, I guess."

"So you don't notice anything different?"

Wally's eyebrows knit in confusion. "Uh, no."

"I mean, I want you to know you can come and talk to me if you're scared or . . . you have questions about how your body's changing," Joe said.

Juliet shook her head. She sipped on her coffee and practically chugged it like it was fucking water.

"I think you're a little late for the puberty talk, dad," Wally told him. "I've seen the internet."

Joe chuckled. "Looks like I'm gonna have to do this the old-fashioned way."

He then extended his hand out and dropped his mug. However, Wally didn't react or anything, and the wall broke into pieces once it hit the floor.

Wally stared at him. "Are you okay?"

There was suddenly a loud clatter outside, followed by police sirens and an unfortunately familiar scream. Juliet turned back to the window, letting out a sigh. He was here.

"Wally, go upstairs," Joe ordered. "Please, go upstairs, now."

Iris waited until Wally left before turning to Joe. "Dad, do you really think that he's a Metahuman?"

"Well, he got zapped by the Particle Accelerator, and he was unconscious. It was worth a shot."

"I gave you that mug."

Joe looked out the curtains again. "He's coming."

Juliet looked out as well. Sure enough, Tony was clanking down the street, snarling loudly and looking extremely menacing. Juliet had gotten over her fear of him back when they defeated him the first time since she was more powerful now, but this wasn't Tony anymore. He was a literal zombie that could turn into metal. There was no telling exactly what he could do.