Chapter Two

Chapter Two

It was a nice morning when Jiae woke up to the smell of bacon and hotdog. The sunlight was clearly visible from the see through white curtain that she personally picked from the pile yesterday that Sungeum ahjumma; their main housekeeper, prepared. Its design wasn't too special. It has some colorless flower pattern in it that adds charisma to the plain curtain.

She stood up slightly swaying left to right, like a drunk person. She was totally sleep deprived. She quickly went to her own bathroom and washed her face.

When she went downstairs,the smell wafted through her nose and even became stronger. Jiae right away ran to Sungeum and said she wanted to help preparing the foods.

Sungeum was old already at least in her sixties, and her hair was already grey. She has been a loyal worker for the family,not leaving and serving them for almost forty years. She might even win a loyalty award for all the things she has done for the family.

"Okay,okay you can get the marble plates at the top right of the dish cabinet." Sungeum commanded while chuckling,impressed with the girl's eagerness to help.

Jiae instantly obeyed the older woman but struggled a bit getting them due to her lack of height. Explains why she was sometimes called a midget by her bestfriend and former classmates. She doesn't take them seriously although she must admit to sometimes search things like how to gain height or how to grow taller.

"So high. Why must it be the marble plates. Can I get the plain blacks instead?" She whined in a light way,carefully tiptoe-ing to reach the designed plates.

"They use that every weekend. We can say a special plate for special days.And since it's Sunday today,we should use that." Sungeum explained while busy transferring the last batch of bacon to another plate.

She just gave an "oh" response quite interested with the family's tradition.The clicking of heels and stifled yawns alarmed Jiae that they're about to go down. She briskly put everything into place and made sure it was all organized. She greeted them a smile as warm as the weather making the family's mood boost up. Mama and Papa Park didn't fail to return their smiles as much as Jiae did.

"Good morning Mama and Papa Park. Umm, you too Yeol." She was somehow hesitant mentioning her made up nickname for Chanyeol. She just wanted to call him differently, so she would make a good impression from the boy since they didn't exactly have a good meeting yesterday.

Surprise registered the couple and Chanyeol's face at the mention of his new nickname. The boy's face immediately turned boiling red and clenched his fist.

"Who told you to call me by that name?" His voice was calm but beneath it was hiding his beast attitude that he was ready to show if he gets pissed even more.

Jiae noticed the tension that was building up yet she has no choice but to answer even though she has no idea what she did wrong or something that she mentioned.

"I-i'm sorry. I though it was cute."

"Cute? Get out. Get out now!!!!" The boy yelled furiously with his hands pointing to the outside which made the girl ran in horror.The old couple including ahjumma can only sigh at the situation.

They can't completely blame Chanyeol with the way he reacted since he experienced something that is hard to forget or erase in your life.

However,Jiae ran upstairs as opposed to what Chanyeol had told her.She didn't know what to do or where to go since she almost had a heart attack by hearing the voice of Chanyeol. She slammed the door shut and locked it as if someone's gonna enter and eat her alive. Her heart was beating frantically and she was worried that her asthma might come back and attack again.