Chapter 6

I woke up the next morning and noticed it was only 6:00 a.m. I had an early start of the day. When I went outside to the living room, I noticed my father already went to work. I saw Susan in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Good morning Susan. Happy Fourth of July," I said slightly happy.

"Mornin' and same to you." She smiled at me as she was cooking breakfast.

"Do you need some help?" I asked as she was cooking some pancakes.

"Sure, why don't you grab some fruits out of the fridge and put them in a bowl for breakfast."

"Okay."

I went to the fridge and took out apples, grapes and strawberries. I grabbed two bananas from the bowl on the table. I started slicing the apples, strawberries, and bananas and placed them nicely in a big bowl. I grabbed three plates from the cabinet making the table ready for breakfast. Susan came in the dining room with the plate of pancakes and smiled at me.

"Thank you for helping dear."

"No problem. I'm gonna get changed." She nodded to me smiling.

I went back to my room and saw that only an hour went by. Scotty wasn't awake yet. After that incident with Lucy, I didn't go to the sandlot. It's only been four days since the incident. I didn't wanna deal with guys yet. Scotty tried to get me to go but I just ignored him. I changed into some brown high-waisted pants, a blue crop top, and a brown and blue plaid flannel. I brushed my hair deciding to leave it down and sprayed perfume on me. I grabbed a pair of socks and my white P.F. Flyers, then made my way to the dining room.

I saw that Scotty was already at the table for breakfast. He looked at me, but I quickly looked alway not wanting to deal with the awkward stare. I sat at the table and grabbed two pancakes. I topped it with strawberries and bananas. I drowned it with syrup and started eating. As I was drinking my orange juice, I felt Scotty staring at me and I was getting annoyed.

"Okay, Scotty why are just staring at me?"

"The guys have been asking about you. They are worried. Especially Benny."

"Well, I'm okay. I just needed some alone time after what happened with that Lucy girl. It's not easy to forget about the mean things she said."

"Who is Lucy?" Susan questioned curiously.

"Just some mean girl who said something about Liz's mom," Scotty said quickly.

"What did she say?" Susan looked at me.

"Look its nothing, Susan."

"Mom, she said that Liz should die with her mom," Scotty said then covered his mouth fast and looked at me apologetically. I glared at him a little but realized that he only did that because he cares about me.

"What? That is terrible. What did you do about it Elizabeth? Should I go talk to her mother?"

"Um I punched her," I said softly looking down at my food. "You don't have to do that. I think she got what she deserved anyways."

"I wish you would have done something else about it but yes I feel she got what she deserved," Susan said.

"Liz, please come back. The guys and I miss you playing with us."

"Fine, Scotty," I said defeated. He smiled triumphantly.

"Today is the neighborhood celebration. When your father gets home, we are going to be going. But we are gonna do some shopping first," Susan said to Scotty and I. We just nodded and continued eating our breakfast.