Chapter 5. Piano Piece

The cold night has frozen the quiet between me and Lune——there's nothing to say——nothing I want to ask. I insist on playing music instead, so that the uneasiness does not filled our inches gaps. I noticed him gaze at me as if he didn't want it to turn on.

"Do you mind if I turn on the radio?"

He never responds to me——instead, he sighs deeply and looks at the car stereo. It looks like he doesn't want me to turn it on.

"You don't have to talk to me, that's fine," he explained.
As though he understands exactly why I need to turn on the radio. "Just don't turn it on, I can't focus from driving."

"I'm sorry, but I just don't know how to get rid of the awkwardness and silence——"

"You don't have to—— it's my responsibility to keep the customers safe at home," he replied sharply, leaving me speechless. That is so embarrassing, I just turn my head on the road. But then my gaze was drawn to him. I can see how bad the bruises and cuts on his face are, and how they can create scars.

"Who did that to you?" I ask. "Those bruises."

He only gave me a sidelong glance before returning to the road. He doesn't appear to want to respond, nor does he appear to want to discuss it. "Like I said, you don't have to——"

"I'm curious, it appears that you're not the bad guy that everyone talks about," I said.

But he never looked at me; he just kept his gaze on the road, but his hands were gripping the driving wheel tightly——I saw him tighten his jaws as if he was upset, and he was only holding back. "Can you please stop talking?! I said I needed to get you home safely."

"Jackass!" I murmured to myself, turning my head to the car window.

We arrived at our destination after fifteen minutes. He opened the door for me, which is unusual——why did he do so?

"What is that for?" I ask.

He only looked at me and then turned his head to Raffy, who was still asleep in the back.

He exclaimed, "Your boyfriend will never get up just to hold the door for you!" Look somewhere. "Your mother is waiting for you," he added. I shift my head to look at what Lune is staring at.

"Oh God! She's out of her mind—please Lune, don't tell everyone what you have seen today."

I saw Mom standing at the front door, maybe she forgets that she was an actress——she's looking serious, as if this had never happened before. And when Mom saw me walk right through the gate, she approached me and took my hand, as if she needed to get me inside as soon as possible.

"Where have you been?!" she asks, her eyes focused to Lune.

"Mom," I explained, "Raffy invited me to their team hangout, and he's drunk in the back seat, so Lune had to drive us home."

But it appears that she never understands what I am saying because her gaze is fixed on Lune, who is leaning against the car. "You should call me instead, so that I can pick you up!"

"Why should I call you, Mom? If there's someone who can drive me home——that was insane!"

"Have you gone insane? Look at that man, he doesn't seem to be in his right mind, and you trust him to drive you home?!"