Chapter 11. A Pianist Mend a broken Heart

"You say what?"

Mandy yelled at my ear when I told her what happened the night I passed out, and she even crossed her arms as if she was startled.

"You really asked her wife first before claiming the painting you bought with your father!" she laughs cynically, as if she's disappointed in me.

"Shh! Will you lower your voice?!" I inquired. But she simply rolled her eyes at me, saying, "I'm just curious, and I don't know...I think I should know."

Mandy crossed her arms and look at me so intensely. For sure, she will probably not happy for what I am saying right now, and she might think that I am losing my mind.

You're the most well-known female student in Marshville, and yet you're attaching to a nobody, a shadow like Lune?"

"You're terrible, I'm not attaching myself to anyone—I'm just curious!""

"Yeah, it appears so," she said flatly. "How about your boyfriend?—is he still not speaking to you?"

I shook my head; I haven't heard anything from him since I awoke. We're really on our way to watch his warm-up game, and I intend to make amends. I left him the night we were supposed to have dinner together, and I didn't respond to any of his messages or phone calls—then I found out, I met another person in a downtown café where I lost my conscious. He's most likely losing his mind right now.

"Don't forget, your third wheel has a final rehearsal later this afternoon."

As we walked down the corridor, I frowned at her and pinch some fat in her waist to muffle her voice. As we strolled in, freshmen and sophomores turned their heads. Maybe catching up on what Mandy was blabbing about so they could speak about it and consider it a huge deal worthy of being a buzz in social media, specifically on the school site.

"You better shut up or my grandmother will find out how I disgrace her one and only hope perfect granddaughter!" I clinched my teeth, trying to mask my annoyance.

But she doesn't appear to care about what I'm saying to her right now. She's grinning from ear to ear, as though she hit a home run this time. I know Mandy well, and she adores it. She knew precisely how to spoil my day—and she was having fun doing it every time!

"You're such a naughty Princess, Madame Fiona should be aware of this—"

"Know about what?"

We both came to a halt when someone appeared out of nowhere, and we were only a meter away from the campus's main entrance.

"Grandmother?" I asked, surprised that she appeared when we were talking about her.

"Madame F-Fiona—" Mandy stammered, and I could tell she was panicking.

Grandmother stood out in her favorite Armani Red suit, which I can see was a fantastic fit for her. Body guards were stationed throughout the campus. Some school staff and the Headmaster were also present.

"What should I know about you, young lady?" she asked, her Harry Potter accent coming through. "Hello, Mandy, it's been a while!" she exclaimed.

She and her accent were so gloriously amazing that I felt like I was in a Disney tale, standing in front of a wicked witch. That may sound terrible, but it's true. English is a fantastic accent to master. However, it sounds devastatingly lovely.

"Well, I just wanted to let you know that I am now going to watch my boyfriend play baseball," I explained.

She looks at me without emotion, without responding, just staring at me. And it's so fucking embarrassing knowing that everyone around her is watching us converse like this and marveling at how fantastic the scene was. I can hear Mandy breathing heavily; she was clearly concerned about how my grandmother looked at me.