Chapter 12. Somewhere I know

The whole afternoon made me wonder if I was hungry or broken; maybe I was upset or somehow amazed. Everything that happened to me today hangs on me without choice. I know, I am indeed upset, and I hate Raffy for doing these terrible things to me—but why am I so numb and sitting beside this man with a cold atmosphere that yet makes me comfortable?

"I know, you're broken." I glanced at him when he started to talk again, but his eyes were fixed on the piano tabs where his hands were still pressing.

I swallowed and looked at his hands, but turned it back to his eyes when I saw him stare at me. His eyes were full of emotions; I can't name the emotion he was showing right now.

"That guy doesn't know how precious you are," he continued while staring at me. "You are beautiful, enough to find someone better."

I watched him talk, and now I am amazed at how eloquent he is at showing empathy. "Which guy is better?" I asked him.

He seriously looked away and turned his eyes back at his hands. I saw how his beautiful Adam's apple moved on his neck, and his chest rose and fell like he breathed out all of the air inside of his lungs. "There's so many out there, and I'm pretty sure he's not in here."

"I know that, for sure!" I answered him. "I am not talking about you either."

He nodded his head and looked at me. With his serious eyes, his lips were slightly smiling, like there was something inside of his head saying against his body movement. "Yeah, that is for sure."

"Well, aside from your beautiful voice and the fact that you are good at playing piano, there's nothing special about you!" I said again.

"That's true," he answered.

"You know what? I think I should go. I should grieve my heart out for having a stupid ex-boyfriend!"

He smiled at me when I said that, and I don't like it. His smile was insulting to me, I think. "Why are you smiling?"

"Nothing."

"That's not nothing, Lune!"

"I hope you feel better after that puppy love," he whispered before he stood up and got his things. "I better go home now; I have to prepare myself for tomorrow's competition."

My eyes widened, and I looked at him and walked out the door. I stood up quickly and caught his hand before he totally got away. He was shocked and looked at me.

"Do we still have time, right?" I ask him sincerely. "Can we have some coffee?"

That question hit me so much. Why did I ask that? What on earth was I really thinking?

I saw how his facial expression changed, and I can see in his eyes how mesmerized he is. Anyone would probably feel the same after some girl chased you and asked you to have coffee with her. That's crazy!

But deep down in my head, I was hoping that he would say 'yes' instead of hanging me like this, waiting for his damn answer. 

He looked straight into my eyes and smirked. That way, I know, he was going to say 'yes'.

"Sure, I know someplace," he said.

I smiled casually. I thought he was going to turn me down. He walked slowly beside me, and I was still smiling from ear to ear. And I don't even know why?! Gosh, am I really brokenhearted?! I must be crazy!

Lune offered to lift me over in his car, and as I expected, every student that saw us together while going out to the campus was staring at me like I was cheating or something. But I don't care anymore; all I want for now is to breathe out all of the sad things that happened to me just now.