Chapter 14. At the Dinner Party

I begin to wonder if I should call Lune or even message him. I don't know if he won or lost today. I didn't bother calling him earlier; for sure, he needs to have some time alone to focus. But I guess I shouldn't have expected anything different, and I didn't care anyway. Maybe I'll call him later tonight when he gets back home and ask him how he made out.
It's Friday evening, and it seems that most kids have already gone home. It's the dinner party that my grandmother was excited about, which means I need to get ready. The dinner party starts at seven in the evening, so I needed to change first and then prepare my outfit before heading home. I walk upstairs, thinking about my grandmother and her plan. 

"Wow, it fits perfectly!" Gianna said with awe and excitement. She was my grandmother's assistant.

She helped my grandmother dress me and gave me an approving look when we were done. I just smile back at her and nod my head. I looked at myself in the mirror. She was right; it fit perfectly, and it fitted my body very well.

My skirt and top were tight-fitting, and the black high heels made my legs look good and slender. It was splendid, very simple yet elegant. My golden hair was tied in a messy ponytail, with small curls falling down on my shoulders.

Gianna checked everything once again before finally looking at me, satisfied with the result. "Thank you, Gianna. I can't believe I got the perfect outfit!" I genuinely said, smiling.

"Oh, stop, you're beautiful even with a crooked face." She chuckled as she ruffled my hair, and I playfully slapped her hand away.

"Miss Hayes!" I heard Rita's voice, my grandmother's secretary calling for me. "Madame Chairman is already waiting for you, and the others are already downstairs." She continued to say, and I nodded my head and smiled.

"Alright, thank you!" I responded and started to walk down the stairs.

When I reached the foyer, I greeted everyone that had gathered, and I headed to the dining room.

As soon as we arrived at the dining room, all the adults and their children were already seated in their places, and they stood up in respect and greetings when my grandmother and my father stood next to me.

"There she is, the young heir of Hayes Incorp!" the old man, a couple of years younger than my grandmother but who seems so firm and strong that he looks older than my grandmother, said in a loud tone. "Welcome, my darling!"

"Thank you, sir!" I said and gave him a polite smile.

Everyone was here already, and for sure, this old man was the president and founder of Harrison Corporation. He looked quite neat and wise, from the white hair on his head to the wrinkles on his face. 

He cleared his throat and then spoke, "You pass down a beauty in your family, Madame Chairman?" He turned to my grandmother, who is now sitting at the center table, assisted by his bodyguards and secretary. They both laughed at that silly joke!

I look at everyone's faces that were sitting here with us tonight. There is a man probably the same age as my father sitting across from the President of Harrison, and maybe the one who called them director. Beside him was his wife, but she looks younger than my mother—very fabulous from her skin tone and dark eyes. She wore a light brown-colored gown that was long-sleeved and had flowers embroidered on its sleeves. Next to them was a man around my age, or probably older than me by two or three years; he has this strong feature with grayish blonde hair that was neatly combed and straightened, and he wore glasses that he took off. His skin was pale. He was so formal, and his suit was perfectly fitted to his body. 

Then there was a girl the same age as mine. She had long, blond, wavy locks, and her skin was very fair with freckles. Her lips curled upward. From the moment I laid eyes on her, she seemed like a bitch. She has piercing blue eyes and a sharp nose with thin lines around it. She wears a black dress with a high neckline and a silver necklace adorning her delicate chest. Her skin is clear and smooth, and her breasts are visible under the sparkly fabric of the dress. Her short nails are painted black, and her makeup is so perfect, I am surprised she doesn't need any makeup.