VII: Love Drought

ref·or·ma·tion :

"He bathes me until I forget their names and faces. I ask him to look me in the eye when I come.....home.

Why do you deny yourself heaven?

Why do you consider yourself undeserving?

Why are you afraid of love?

You think it's not possible for someone like you. But you are the love of my life. You are the love of my life.

You are the love of my life."

_ _ _

"The big five today!" Michael, Chris's best friend, smiled while picking up a very hyped Ayla who had on her birthday crown and a big smile.

"It's my daddy birthday too."

"Yeah, I know. He's turning the big 31 which means soon you gonna have to start looking for nursing homes for him." Ayla frowned out of confusion not understanding.

"What's a nursing home?" Chris walked over and interrupted grabbing his daughter out of his best friend's arms and placed her down on the ground.

"Nothing, A. Go play in the bouncy house." He told and she did running off to go play with the other little kids that was running all over his backyard. "Don't tell my daughter that shit, dummy."

"You old." Michael laughed while dapping up his friend. "Nah, but what's the move for you tonight? I see y'all put together a Barbie themed party for the baby but what about you?"

Ayla has been into the Barbies lately and started to grow a big obsession with them so Tayla and Chris decided to throw her a Barbie Dreamland party.

"To be real, nothing. I'm cool with just being with my baby... and my wife as long as possible."

"You still using that W word I see," Michael raised an eyebrow and Chris sighed shrugging.

"If I stop then it's officially a wrap and I'm not ready." He shrugged making his friend hum quietly. Chris turned his attention to Tayla and his mom who was bringing out the cake and announcing to everyone it was time to cut it.

Tayla hasn't talked to him since that day she found out his mistress had a pregnancy scare. He tried to talk to her about their situation but she wasn't bothered for it and instead grabbed Ayla and went back to her rented place.

So the only way they made sure the party was good together was through his mother who communicated through the both of them.

"Cake time! Come here, A!" Tayla shouted making Ayla skip over to her excited to make a wish and eat a slice of cake.

"It's the exact cake I wanted." Ayla smiled sitting in front of the cake while the party surrounded her taking pictures and videos.

"I know. Tell your daddy thank you," Joyce said pointing at her son and Ayla wrapped her arms around Chris's waist who placed a kiss on her forehead before standing next to Tayla on the opposite side of the table.

His hand rested on the side of her waist and as bad as she wanted to push him away she couldn't because no one outside of their best friends, parents and them knew they were on the brink of a divorce.

So she sucked it up and put on a fake happy couple facade for their daughter's sake.

Everyone except Ayla sang Happy Birthday to her as she smiled widely looking between the cake and her parents repeatedly.