XXV: Heard About Us

tri·al:

"hot blood in your belly,
it's not something you ever thought of doing until the blade burnt threats into your neck,"

_ _ _

"I'm so happy for you, Tayla." Naomi, Tayla's assistant smiled at her as Tayla packed up her things smiling back. "I mean, you got a business opportunity with your husband, you two worked it out, you're having a baby. It doesn't get any better than this,"

"It can if this fashion show goes right." Tayla snickered to herself but sighing right after. "I haven't missed one of my shows yet in my career so I'm nervous."

"Don't worry, we got you. I'm sure Symphani is gonna hold down the fort for you. You're having a baby, what's more exciting than that?" Naomi cheered making Tayla smile at the fact that someone else besides her family was happy for them. She hoped her best friend will be as well. "So...some of us around the office noticed you and Symphani haven't been close lately..."

Tayla gave her a warning look making Naomi nod to just stay in her lane, "Not work appropriate since I am still your boss."

"Understood."

"Okay, here is the schedule for Paris. Whatever she won't be able to do, you're gonna have to step up and deal with but I know you know this already."

"Absolutely,"

"And if anything goes wrong, do not hesitate to call me. I might be on maternity leave but that doesn't change anything," Tayla told her strictly. Naomi nodded about to say something only to have been interrupted.

"Maternity leave?" An extra voice in the room caught their attention and Tayla sighed looking at her best friend who she hasn't really spoken to lately for the first time in a while. Naomi took the hint and exited the office shutting the door behind her, "Tay, you're pregnant?"

"Six months yesterday actually. I could ride it out for another one but Chris doesn't want me to. He thinks I'll get hurt or something," Tayla shrugged not looking at her. Symphani chuckled in disbelief shaking her head and crossing her arms over her chest.

"Chris? He got you pregnant?"

Tayla chuckled, "He's my husband... he's kind of allowed to do that,"

"You two are literally divorced."

"So what? I've been with him for 13 years and married for those 5. Us signing a piece of paper a few months back does not change the fact that he's my husband-"

"This must be pregnancy brain or something like...do you hear yourself?" Symphani pointed at Tayla. "The man cheated on you. You got a divorce. You started moving on but you mean to tell me one fucking night in Vegas changes all that?"

"It's not just the night in Vegas. I was starting to still ignore him but what did he do? Give me half the label. Work and work to prove to me that he was a better man, that he can learn to communicate his feelings to me, be a better dad, earn my trust back."

"Right... understood,"

"No, you don't. You not married with kids so you definitely don't fucking get it." Tayla mumbled while going back to packing up her personal stuff from her office.

Her office wasn't going to be in use for the time being that she was gone but she still wanted to make sure everything in it stayed...in it. Even with the lock on the door and anything personal was coming home to her.