XIII: Haunted

dif·fer·ent :

"Two people who were once very close can
without blame
or grand betrayal
become strangers.
perhaps this is the saddest thing in the world."

-

"That's the last of it." Symphani spoke as she placed the last box down. Tayla's mom smiled at her and thanked the movers as they exited the new house.

It wasn't....the same like the one she was used to. It didn't really give her the same feeling that one did. That home was her dream house and what she wanted to be her and Chris's forever home and this one...

Was just a place she could lay her and her daughter's head at night.

Nine times out of ten, they'll move again.

"This is actually nice. It has a nice rooftop, you're still in Beverly Hills which is good for her school and your commute to work, that fifteen million came in handy." Tayla's mom complimented looking around the mew modern house.

It had four bedrooms and three and a half baths. A pool in the back and a finished basement. Much different and smaller than her home but still on the expensive side.

"Half of that fifteen million is in Ayla's bank account that she'll get when she's older. I bought this with my money." Tayla corrected while sitting down on the new couch. Her friend raised an eyebrow and looked at her like she was stupid.

"Girl, this was the one time you could've used him for something and you bought this with your money? Tay-"

"Don't even start. He gave that money for no reason so I'm giving it to our daughter for when she goes to college, wants her first car and place, just in case mine or his career goes down the drain she'll be good." Tayla answered back having the room go quiet.

"Until I get a piece of that label, he didn't do shit for me-"

"Okay, hold on. You're really still trying to take that label from him?" Renee, her mom, questioned looking at her daughter confused.

If you didn't figure it out by now. Tayla and Chris finally got the divorce two weeks ago. Her last name was back to Smith, he gave her 15 million in cash, she removed everything she owned from their house leaving him there alone and wasn't planning on going back unless it was pertaining to their child since he had the mistress there at a point in time, and only spoke to her now ex-husband through his mom when it came to their daughter.

He was lucky she wasn't grimey and put him on child support.

"I helped get where he's at today. I brought artists to him and even took time out of my own career and bank account to help him. I want at least a percentage of ownership." She explained with no emotion, not carrying about him or his feelings at all.

"Understandable but...is he gonna be happy with that?"

"Who cares? We just got a divorce because he couldn't keep his dick to just me. It's not my problem with the way he's feeling right now." She shrugged not seeing why her people thought she should care about anything retaining to his happiness right now.

Symphani didn't say anything and just rolled her eyes while Tayla wasn't looking. "Well, you should've been did that. You shouldn't even have married the man in the first place." Tayla didn't respond verbally and just gave her glare causing her to raise her hands defensively, "I'm just saying but look, you want us to help with the unpacking?"