Recovering 1/4

*No POV*

Y/N is scene laying in the bed while Eda was mixing something in a pot. She was whistling when she heard the bed move a bit. Y/N has been in bed for about two weeks with Eda telling him about the Boiling Isles.

Eda turned and saw Y/N looking out the window. He was admiring the scenery of the Boiling Isles. What caught his attention was that there was a giant skull staring right at him across the Boiling Isles.

Y/N: "Wow, eso es un gigante... sea lo que sea."

Eda placed a hand on her hip and raised an eyebrow.
Eda: "Can you repeat that but in English?"

Y/N looked over at Eda and repeated what he said but in English.

Y/N: "Wow, that is a giant whatever that thing is?"
Eda: "Oh! Your talking about the Titan?"
Y/N looked back at the skull and muttered, "Titan is probably an understatement for the size."

Eda: "All the magic from the Boiling Isles comes from the big guy. We don't know how he died or what happened to the rest of his kind."

Y/N: "Can you tell me about the magic here?"

Eda: "Well I'll tell you the basics. A witch and biped demon has a magic bile sac connected to their heart which is where all our magic is stored in. To use spells or magic you gotta make a circle and concentrate on what you want it to be. There are coven systems where you can only do one specific type of magic and the rest is taken away from you. What's worse, they force you to learn magic the "proper" way. But magic isn't proper, it's wild and unpredictable! And that's why it's so beautiful. The Emperor made that law and hunt down wild witches that don't follow it."

Y/N's eyes widen as he remembered what Belos said to him.

Belos: "I am just as much of a human as you are, but my guards? They are witches and demons and they must be eradicated. And you my friend will help me as my witch hunter."

Y/N started to grit his teeth.
Y/N: "Can you tell me the Emperor's name and what you know about him?"
Eda: "Hm? All I know is that the emperor's name is Belos and that he's been ruling the Boiling Isles for about 400 years. Why?"
Y/N: "Oh nothing....wait 400 years? How is he still alive?"

Eda then shrugged as she too was curious.
Eda: "Beats me, he could be a species that has a very long lifespan but I don't care. Whatever that nut job is doing leave me out of it because I don't want to be controlled by anyone."

Y/N face softened when Eda said that. She reminded Y/N of his little sister. Ever since Y/N lost his parents he was the one taking care of his sister. He made small gadgets like small clocks and cars to get money for her and always treat her harshly by not being at home for a couple of days. The reason why is to toughen her up and to make his sister her own woman in case something bad happens to Y/N. Although he always kept an eye on her from a close distance. The town they used to live in called him insane and not mature and brought Y/N to court at one point. He won the case and became her guardian.

He made sure that she doesn't know why he always leaves her alone but this time is different. Y/N hasn't been gone this long before. Six months since he had seen his little sister and it was driving him crazy. Eda noticed how quiet Y/N was and saw him smiling.

Eda: "What are you smiling at?"
Y/N: "It's just that you remind me of my little sister."

Eda's eyes widen slightly as she heard Y/N revealing that he has a family.

Eda: "You got some folks back home?"
Y/N: "My parents died a couple of years ago when I was younger. It was up to me to raise my little sister by myself and let me tell you, it was a nightmare, but it worked out in the end."
Eda: "How long have you been here? The Boiling Isles I mean."
Y/N: "Six months since I was dragged here."
Eda: "Dragged? What do you mean by that?"

Y/N sighed and rubbed his eyes.
Y/N: "Grab a chair because this will be one hell of a story."

End of chapter