Scrapped Jaeden POV

Chapter 53-54 **SCRAP**

I'M SO DISAPPOINTED IN FINN. I DROVE Y/N to Maverick's as per her mother's request; of course, she doesn't know that it's Y/n's father's house that I'm taking her to. But she trusts me enough to keep Y/n safe.

Y/n's friend, Claudia, Didn't like this. "You're seriously leaving Y/n with him? She's black-out drunk; I don't trust him." I sigh, helping Y/n up. I don't like her, and I try my best to like people, but she is so annoying.

Her implication that I would do something to Y/n makes me sick. "How could you even say something like that?" Claudia glares at me. "You think just because you knew her forever that you can be trusted off the bat? You're a man."

"I understand where you're coming from, but I don't trust you." Viv and Dalia back Claudia up, and now I'm being ganged up on, but I saw it coming. The three of them are now yelling at me while they try to pull Y/n away.

"Stop it!" Y/n slaps their touch away; she takes a few steps back and holds her head, which I can only assume is pounding. I'm surprised Catherine is fighting Mary because she was arguing with her while this happened; I expected her to do something.

But I can tell Catherine isn't much of a fighter. "No fighting. Y/n, where do you want to go?" Her mother questions. I'm okay with whatever she chooses as long as she's home safe. That's all that matters right now. Y/n stays silent, looking at her friends and then at me.

"I can't be home right now." She chokes up, "Everything will remind me of Abigail. P-please, I want to go with Jaeden." I feel relieved but still guilty because her friends look distraught by her decision.

Catherine hugs Y/n, and I leave them to talk on their own. I go up to Malakai, not even bothering to speak to Grace or Millie since they, too, seem upset with me. I can only assume they wanted me to stop Finn, but I couldn't. They didn't do anything to stop him either.

In my defense, I didn't want to make it worse or harder for Y/n. He said it would only be tonight. "You going back to Maverick's?" Malakai asks me, and I nod. "I'm taking Y/n with me."

Malakai tells me how upset he is at both Sadie and Finn; I can tell his wife is disappointed too. I glance at Mary and Eric; they're already on their way to their car when I stop them. "Hey," I call; they stop and turn around as I reach them.

"Don't go to their house." I could tell they would follow behind by the way Mary stared in surprise. "We can do whatever we want."

I shake my head, "For your good, you wouldn't." I warned them and tried to sell it as firmly as possible. Eric whispers something in Mary's ear because I know Eric is a good person, unlike Mary. He's smart.

"Fine. We'll be going tomorrow, though." She tells me before they walk away, Eric tells me goodnight, but this isn't a good night.

It was out here before Alice and the twins; we were both looking for the girls when all this bubbled up. Alice decided to stay with the girls, not wanting them to see any of this happen. I wish I did the same, to protect Abigail from seeing this but she didn't warn me in time.

Catherine holds Y/n in her arms as she lays her head on her mother's chest, just like Abigail does to Y/n. "Take her home in her car; We'll clean up here." Millie and Grace nod in agreement, and we all depart beside Claudia.

She holds Y/n shoulders, "Please text me when you make it. Or just... please be safe." Claudia desperately begs before hugging her tightly, "I'm fine; oh my god, you're squeezing me." Y/n gasps for air.

Claudia reluctantly steps away, "You better not leave her on the side of the road or something." I shut my eyes from cringing; of course, I would never do something like that.