More chapters from the old version

I'm hoping I saved the first time they met in this version, but I'm not willing to read this to check lmfao

Y/N LOOKED AROUND with concern, she did not have the money to afford this. "You did this to your self, but because I'm the best mom..." Catherine smiles, "Im paying for it, so go crazy." she waved her off as she held onto Abigail's small hand.

Y/n looked at her mother with uncertainty before walking into one of the stores. "NOT JcPenny's!" she warned. y/n turned around awkwardly. "Why not?" She questioned. "I am not spending my money on JcPenny's or Macy's." Catherine persuaded.

"How about we go to one of my favorite stores, they are a bit cheap too." Catherine said, aiding Abigail out the mall as Y/n slowly followed them. She just wanted a simple dress, nothing more.

the drive there was relatively long, but it was not exactly her place to complain since they took Catherine's car. "So inside, Abigail," Y/n bent down to Abigail's height. "Don't touch anything okay?" y/n told her daughter.

Abigail smiled, nodding to her mother. As they walked in they were greeted by kind women. "Hello ladies, how could we help you?" an older lady approached them. "my daughter is going to a wedding and-"

"Oh, you are getting married, congratulations!" The lady interrupts Catherine. "Oh no, I'm not getting married, I'm just a guest." Y/n laughed awkwardly. "Ah, well if you follow me. I'll show you our large selection of dresses; long or short." she smiled before walking in front of them.

"Pink seems to be your color, it really compliments your complexion." She put the first dress she saw in front of y/n's body. "No, definitely red." Catherine disagreed with the women.

they began to have a small argument as y/n and Abigail walked off to look at different dresses. a blue gown caught Abigail's eye making her pull on it. "Abigail what did I say about touching things." she scolded.

"Sorry, mommy. but it's pretty." Her eyes glimmered at the gown.

she looked at the price tag and gasped at the sight. the dress was a whole 200 dollars. "That's a gorgeous dress, y/n." Catherine came behind the two along with the lady following close behind. "Mom... its so expensive," she whispered.

"then don't get it." Catherine shrugged, looking at other dresses. y/n stared at her quietly until Catherine looked back to see her daughter looking at her. "you want it to do you?"

the old lady stared at them with hopeful eyes, hoping that she'd buy the dress.

the dress was gorgeous on the mannequin but the lady knew it would look even better on y/n. "we will get this dress." Catherine pointed at the mannequin. the lady nodded before walking away.

"let's go to the checkout." Catherine walked. "mom, this is really expensive, I'll just order something off amazon or something."

Catherine gasped, "my daughter will not be found wearing such a thing." she interjected, placing her hands on y/n's shoulders.

"you're my daughter, and plus I don't want you to make a fool of yourself," Catherine smirked, paying for the dress quickly. "I hope you enjoy the dress!" the woman waved them off as she walked back into the room behind her.

y/n's pocket starts to buzz as she's bending over to buckle her daughter up. she quickly grabs her phone, seeing a code-named contact. she sighs.

"what are you doing?" Catherine asks her daughter once she comes inside the car. y/n puts the phone to her ear before signaling her to drive. "hi, uh-" she starts, "i wanted to know if i could come in earlier?" it sounded more like a question than a statement. the lady on the other side knew exactly who she was talking to though, y/n was the golden girl.