Ch. 6: The Following Weeks

(A/N: Quick question, who do y'all see getting with Rachael or Sam and why? Just curious as to what everyone thinks. Lemme know and enjoy this chapter

Also, fair warning, it's going to be long as I've put a lot in here to move the plot along so please take your time lol)

After her incredibly successful debut, Racheal returned backstage with her team and was greeted with a great deal of applause from her backstage peers. She received handshakes, pats on the back and shoulders, and compliments all around. It was a proud moment and well earned. Everyone knew she was going to be a huge star, the future of this business, and they were all eager to see what she accomplished.

She got passed gorilla and more into the backstage area. It was there when she was greeted by Sam and Ember. Shotzi couldn't make it, sadly, as she was on her way to the next Smackdown, but did promise to watch. They gave her the same compliments she received after her first match. Only, this somehow felt even bigger.

She was then approached by The Way again. They appeared offended at first, but their expressions quickly changed into grins as Johnny and Candice began complimenting her.

"Great job, newbie! That was amazing!" Johnny complimented.

"Not gonna lie, you kind of scared me a little out there" Candice followed and they giggled.

"Oh, and now you've met Austin and Indi as well" Gargano introduced and the two young stars greeted their new colleague.

"It's nice to officially meet you" Indi shook hands with her. "And that was a good throw by the way"

Racheal giggled.

"Thanks, it's nice to meet you too" she replied before shaking hands with Austin.

"Slick moves out there" he smiled.

"Thankyou" she nodded with a grin. "I hope I wasn't too crazy for any of you"

"Not at all, you did great out there" Austin assured.

"I'll say" Candice added. "You really are a natural out there"

Racheal blushed.

"I do what I can"

"How do you feel?" Johnny asked.

"Honestly, I'm still shaking" Racheal said with a laughing sigh.

"Don't worry, that's just the adrenaline" Tommaso noted. "You'll get used to it"

"Tell you what, why don't we all go out and celebrate?" Johnny suggested. "A big debut like this deserves to be celebrated and it'll give us a chance to know our new colleague better"

Racheal glanced between her team and friends and they all seemed on board with it.

"I would love to" she smiled.

"Perfect! We'll meet you all outside once we get changed. See ya" he noted and the two groups began going their separate ways.

Racheal just kept grinning from ear to ear, still unable to believe everything that happened, let alone what great people they were. She glanced back at The Way as her friends kept walking on. She saw them head down the hallway and meet up with someone across the room. It was then when she caught notice of another distinctive individual.

It was none other than the one and only Dexter Lumis.

He traded nods, fist bumps, and smiles with The Way as they passed by. It wasn't long though before he noticed the new kid across the halls. Racheal froze in her position as they caught each other's gaze, despite the distance between them.