what you find out later

Four years had passed since Chloes birth. Within three years Alice and Cy had gotten pregnant again but suffered a miscarriage that would kill both Alice and the baby. Cy would go through a depression and become a single father to Chloe and would continue working in his current position and would leave Chloe with her grandparents while he went to work. A few months would pass and Cyrus would finally snap out of his depression and strive to get ahead in life and to get another promotion and raise his daughter.

One day Cyrus would get a call from his bosses number after finishing a job. "Hello?" Cy said answering the phone. "Come to your boss's office" a familiar sounding voice that wasn't his boss said.  Cyrus called his parents to tell them he may be a little late to pick Chloe up and they responded to take his time. Cyrus drove to the office and went in to hear the phone on the desk ring. "Come to thirteen twenty seven sundial street, when there take the elevator to the top floor and knock on door seven," the voice said. "Who are you?" Cy asked. "Your new boss," the voice said before telling Cy to write down the address and  hanging up.

Cy drove to the address then went to where he was told and knocked on the door. "Come in Cyrus" the man said. Cyrus walked in and immediately recognized the man as his exes father. "Mister Thompson, what are you doing here?" Cy said walking in and shaking the man's hand. "I'm your new boss, I run the organization, and call me Fred" Fred said, "you've known me since you and Taylor were kids". "How is Taylor?" Cy asked. "Good, she's at her home with the kids," Fred said. "Wait she has kids?" Cy asked. "Yeah twin seven year old girls" fred said taking a picture out of his wallet to show him. "So did she move on right after I left?" Cy asked trying to figure out the math. "No, she never moved on from you, she found out she was pregnant right before you left and didn't want to hold you back," Fred responded "the kids are yours Cyrus". Cy sat down shocked, and thinking about all that he missed out on. "I know it's a lot to take in, but I'd like you and your daughter to come to her house for dinner tonight so you can meet your daughter's," Fred said writing Taylor's home address down for Cy along with the time to be there. "We'll be there sir" Cy said shaking Fred's hand and heading to his parents house.

Cy got to the house and Chloe came running to Cy and hugged him. "Hey sweetheart, I need to talk to grandma and grandpa, can you go play while we talk please". Chloe nodded then walked to Cy's old room. "What's going on?" Jack said as Cyrus sat down. "Do you remember mister Thompson?" Cy asked his parents. "Yeah Taylor's dad, what about him?" Carrie answered Cy. "He owns the company I work for,  just promoted me, and told me that when we left Taylor was pregnant," Cy said, "and I guess she kept the kids and now their living in town and invited me and Chloe to dinner,". "Whoa, that's a lot to happen in one day," Jack said "what are you going to do?". "I'm gonna take Chloe home get us ready then go meet my daughters" Cy said. "Well then congratulations son Jack said standing up to shake Cy's hand and hug him with Carrie doing the same. Cy gathered up Chloe and a few of her things then headed back home.

"Chloe come sit next to me I need to tell you something," Cy said before they went out. "We're going to go have dinner with an old friend of daddy's and meet two young girls a few years older than you," Cy said, "I want you to know I love you very much, and that this changes nothing". "Okay daddy, I love you " Chloe said hugging Cyrus. "I love you too sweetheart, we need to run to the store before we go". Cy said as they went to their car.

Thirty minutes passed and Cy went to the address and knocked on the door of a big two story house. "Good to see you, come on in" Fred said inviting them in and walking them to the living room, "Taylor our guests are here". Taylor came out of the kitchen, hugged Cyrus, and said "it's so good to see you, and I'm sorry about your wife". "It's good to see you too, and thank you" Cyrus said hugging her back, and giving her the flowers he bought "these are for you, and I have gifts for the kids in my car" Cy said. "Speaking of kids, I just wanna apologize for not telling you about them," Taylor said taking the flowers, "I figured you'd have a better chance at life without knowing you were leaving me and a kid,". "I understand and I thank you," Cy said. "And who's this little angel?" Taylor asked. "Taylor this is my daughter Chloe, Chloe this is my old friend Taylor," Cy said introducing the two. The two shook hands then Taylor called her daughters down. "Girls this is Cyrus, your father," Taylor said as she introduced him. "I'm Katie-Lynn, this is Ellie-May," Katie said shaking Cy's hand. Cy introduced Chloe to the girls then we're called to dinner by Fred.

The family ate and got to know each other for a while and got caught up on everything that had happened in the last seven years then Cy went out to get the dolls he'd bought for the kids. "I didn't know what you guys liked so I hope that these are okay," Cy said handing all of his daughters dolls. "Thank you" the girls said to Cy then asked if they could play with them. "Sure make sure you include Chloe" Taylor said. Cy opened the packages then the kids went upstairs to their playroom. "Now to business," Fred said "I want you to take over the business, I'm going to be teaching everything you'll need to run it and then once you're ready I'm going to retire and you'll take over,"

A few hours had passed and the two sat talking after Fred left and the kids went upstairs to play. "Katie reminds me of you at that age," Cy said. "Ellie always reminds me of you" Taylor said. "I'm sorry," Cy said "I should have been there,". "You didn't have a choice there was nothing back home for you anymore you came here and started a life, but you can be here now, and that's what counts," Taylor said. "We should probably get going its getting kind of late," Cy said. "Why don't you guys spend the night, we'll put up an air mattress for Chloe and one of the girls can lend her some pj's and you can sleep with me in my room" Taylor said. "I don't want to intrude," Cy said. "Nonsense, you guys are family," Taylor said, "plus you don't have to go to work in the morning". "Okay, we'll spend the night, what time do the girls normally go to bed at?" Cy asked. "Now at eight, let's go set up the air mattress, and explain what's gonna happen" Taylor said. The two went upstairs and told the kids and Katie offered her bed to Chloe and Ellie and Katie shared a bed. Cy tucked them in then went back downstairs to watch TV with Taylor. "What if tomorrow we go to the amusement park?" Cy asked. "That sounds good," Taylor said as they sat together before heading upstairs to go to bed.