5

luke found annas apartment and pulled into the parking lot. climbing up the stairs to the third floor, he lifted his shaking fist and knocked on the door.

anna was finishing her hair when she heard the knock.

luke heard shuffling from inside and the door opened.

lukes eyes widened when he saw her. she looked beautiful in a casual skirt and blouse.

anna smiled and looked down blushing.

"you can come in. i just need to grab my bag."

"okay," he muttered walking in.

anna ran to the back bed room and put her shoes on and grabbed her purse. she had slipped in a pencil sharpener- just in case.

"your place looks nice." luke said, looking around the quite and cozy apartment.

"thanks." he heard, muffled, from the back room.

luke just awkwardly stood by the door, unsure what to do.

anna soon appeared.

"ready?" she questioned.

"yeah." he said quietly.

he led her to his car and opened the door for her.

anna blushed again and sat in the car as luke ran round to the other side.

once on the road, luke asked, "so where to?"

"i dont know. why dont we just drive until something comes up." anna said

"sounds good to me." luke said with a smirk.

the two drove until they came up to a small pizza place.

"this looks good." anna said.

"okay." luke simply replied.

they hadnt spoken a word in the car. anna didnt know if luke just didnt have anything to say to her or he just didnt want to say anything at all. luke wondered if anna really wanted to be there. she hadnt said a word in the car either.

before leaving the car, luke looked over and anna did too. the two made eye contact and held it. it was almost an awkward scene.

"youre a quite one arent you?" luke asked with a smirk.

"not in bed." she retorted with a loud laugh.

luke blushed, then let out a nervous giggle.

anna was still laughing when she let herself out of the car.

luke smirked again and got out of the car, then opened the door to the tiny pizza place for anna.

"thank you." anna said politely.

"luke youre back already-oh, who is this?" a loud voice from inside called.

a young boy with jet black hair stood behind the counter with a lopsided smile.