Chapter 3: Behind their Eyes, Behind his Words

Fight scenes are exactly easy for me to write so I apologize if this is bad. When this story undergoes revisions I'll try and straighten it up!!!

~~~

After playing a couple rounds of Splatoon, it got late so Luigi, Smg3, Neg4, Tari, Mario, and Meggy went back inside. Luigi, Tari, Meggy and Smg3 were playing Stupid Mario Party and Neg4 and Mario were sitting next to Smg3, watching them. They heard the front door opened and they all turned to Neg3

"3!" Neg4 got up and went over to him "L-Look, I'm really sorry, I just..." He noticed the marks on his face "Hey, what happened?" He started to reach out to him but Neg3 moved his hand aside

"I'm fine, just a little Anti-Meme Clean up... Were you aware of that? Or are you going to consider that a lie too?" Neg3 put simply

"You should've called us for help!" Smg3 says walking to the duo "Anti-Memes are far more Dangerous than the Corrupt ones! You could've gotten yourself killed out there!"

"I just caught them in my Gauntlet, nothing I couldn't handle..."

"B-But what about the Anti-Core!?" Neg4 questioned in a panic "W-Won't the Anti-Memes power it up?"

"Congratulations 4!" Neg3 said sarcastically and gave him a grin "Smg3 must've told you because you were curious right? Okay, yes, it could potentially power it up, but it'll be nothing Smg3, Smg4, and Smg4's friends and I can't handle"

"Hey! Are you calling me weak!?" Neg4 pouts, hearing himself not be listed "Because I'm not!"

Neg3 ignored him, turning to Smg3 "Besides, you made the Anti-Memes sound like they were hell on earth, they were rather easy to catch"

"They couldn't use their full power because the Core was sealed away" Smg3 tells him

"I know this is important and all..." Meggy speaks up "But it is getting late, the four of us are going to head out

Luigi nods "You guys should get some sleep too, no use in talking about the Core if it has little to no chance of coming back. I mean those Gauntlets were made by Smg1 and 2, they have to be secure!"

Neg3 looked to the side

"Ooookie dokie... Luigi, let's get going" Mario grabs Luigi's wrist before whispering to him "They aren't okay... All four of them... Mario doesn't like the tension his guardians have...It's worrying him"

Luigi nods, whispering back "Don't worry bro, we'll come back to see them tomorrow, okay?"

Mario nods, looking down

Luigi waves "We'll see you guys tomorrow!" He moved his wrist so he could take Mario's hand and they left the Castle

Tari and Meggy look at each other before looking at the trip before smiling and waving and leaving the Castle as well

"Maybe they're right 3" Smg3 says "1 and 2 are smart... And they definitely know a lot more about this Meme Guardian stuff than us... And even if what our 1s and 2s are saying are contradicting, we're better off seeing best for now for both the 4's sakes..."

Neg3 looked to Neg4 who was looking down at the floor and Neg3's expression softened... Even if his 4 had said what he said to him...

Neg3 shook his head before walking to the JRB room "Whatever, I'm going to bed..."

"He could've gotten really hurt back there... Like worse than he did now... We-" Neg4 shook his head "You guys should've been there... Even if he wasn't happy with me, I could've easily left and-"

"You wouldn't have easily left" Smg3 put simply

"Wh-What? Of course I-"  Neg4 started

"You care a lot about Neg3, like he cares a lot about you... Once again, extremely sickening but... I can see where you both are coming from, you're both all you have left after all, you definitely wouldn't have just left him if we didn't push you... But your 3 needs the space..."