Chapter 5: No Difference who you are... A Deceitful Mask

"If we do that..." Neg1 says, pulling out a pen and writing on the paper in front of him and Neg2 "Then we need to fill all that out in order to optimize this"

Neg2 nods "I suppose, but can it keep it's original functions?"

"Of course! Just with a few slight modifications"

A portal opened into their Pod and Neg3 came through, seeing his two fellow guardians at a Table in the middle of their Pod.

Neg2 smiled and waved at him "Hey 3! How's everything going?" They then noticed the look on his face, it looked almost as if he'd be crying "Is everything okay 3?"

"Fine..." He looked over to them, putting his hands on the table "I just... Needed a break..."

"Where's 4?"

3 was hesitant, thinking of his response "Un... Unimportant...Probably still with Mario and the others..." He then mumbles quietly to himself as he glanced off to the side "Hopefully..." He then looked back up at them, quickly changing the subject "I had a question, you guys and the other 1 and 2 mention that the Core feeds into desire, I wanted to know if you could give me more information on that"

"There's unfortunately not very much we know..." Neg1 replies "But it's not only desire it can feed into anything really related Passion, Dreams-"

"Wishes!" Neg2 chimes in "Like wishes on wishing stars in the night sky?" They giggle

"Literally all just the same...." Neg3 groans "None of this is helping me get any closer to stopping it!"

"It's unfortunately how everybody functions, they live off for their Desires and Dreams, even those created by the God Box itself" Neg1 continues "It's just how we're made to function"

"How does any of this help me? I'm running out of time!" Neg3 sighs "But I guess that makes sense why both 4s were targets..."

"Ever hear the expression... 'When you wish upon a Star, it makes no difference who you are'?"

"I thought the Saying easy 'When you wish-'" Neg2 starts

"I have not a single clue what you're talking about"

"And that's supposed to mean...?" Neg3 gave a confused look

"You can't always rely on Desires, or Wishes, and thoughts of 'What If' because no matter how many Dreams you have, Wishes you make, or 'What If's you say, It's never going to change who you are, only your experiences can, more so they can change your mind"

"He's right! Do you really think 4 got you to stay by his side by Wishing or anything? Your circumstances changed his mind and it seemed to change yours as well" Neg2 smiles

Neg3 glanced off to the side. He's never considered that option... Maybe it would've been so much better then...

Neg3 looked behind Smg3, Neg4 was tearing up. Mario was next to him, hugging him

"Please apologize to him..." Tari says, closing her eyes tightly "I hate seeing my friends hate each other and fighting..."

"I really don't though..." Neg3 said to himself, he shook his head "I'm going to make this right!" He says, earning a confused look from his 1 and 2 "How do I do this?"

Neg1 shook off his confusion "First of all, we need all the gauntlets and bring them together"

"Isn't that bad?"

"Nonsense, it'll be fine, as long as the Gauntlets don't break, the Core will remain inside..."

"All you need to do is bring them to us, we require the models to make new ones" Neg2 adds