Chapter 8: Plans of Erasure?

"It is very strange" Wimpy hums "We never even agreed on it..."

"Alright Mario, we're here" Neg3 says as He, Meggy, Luigi, Mario and Neg4 walk into the castle "Now please...Talk to us?"

Mario was quiet for a moment, then he quickly slipped Neg3's watch off and proceeded to run up to Smg4's room

"HEY! YOU IDIOT, GIVE THAT BACK!" Neg3 ran after him

"THREE! LEAVE HIM ALONE!" Neg4 quickly followed them

"MARIO! GIVE THAT BACK!" Luigi also followed quickly

Everyone turned to look at Meggy

Meggy shrugged "Don't look at Me, Mario hasn't spoken this entire way back here..."

Mario quickly opened the chest in 4's room and tossed all the camouflage gauntlets in before slamming it shut

"YOU IDIOT YOU CAN'T DO THAT!" Neg3 tried to reach around Mario to open the chest but Mario grabbed his wrists to stop him

"THREE! STOP IT!" Neg4 got between the two and gently pushed Neg3 back and Mario loosened his grip on Neg3's wrist, Neg4 stood between them "Give him a chance to speak! You can't randomly try to kill people just because you can... again" He pouts, crossing his arms "You promised!"

"I really don't understand the meaning of promises..." Neg3 sighs softly to himself before groaning "Fine, Go on then Mario, Why'd you do it?"

Mario takes the hands of both Neg's and walks out of Smg4's room, Luigi following them. Mario closed the door and pushed them closer to the stairwell

"Enough stalling Mario!" Neg3 tells him "Tell us what's going on already!"

"It's listening..." Mario puts simply

Neg3's annoyed expression faded and the three looked at him confused

"What does that mean bro?" Luigi asks

"The Core...It can hear us through the Gauntlets..." Mario glanced off to the side "I hadn't told Glitchy, 3, Luigi, or Meggy anything about what Neg4 and Neg3 said...But Glitchy knew exactly what Neg3 and Neg4 had said when they told me to come back to the Castle with the Gauntlets..." He looks back at them again "And it's relaying what it hears to 3 and Glitchy...So..."

"That means it heard exactly where we wanted to take the gauntlets" Luigi covered his mouth

"Not only that but...IT'S HEARD EVERYTHING SINCE WE'VE CONTAINED IT!" Neg4 adds "It heard Mine and 3's exchange...It's heard that we're trying to find a way to revert it to Root Form...Everything I've said to Smg3..."

"It's heard me talking to our 1 and 2...BOTH TIMES!"

 "All of it..." The duo say in unison

"That's why you weren't talking and took 3's Gauntlet" Neg4 realized, he then thought for a moment "W-Wait!" He looked towards everyone on the first level "Where are Saiko and Belle!?"

"Good question" Kaizo says. "They suggested we go out and search for you lot after you didn't pick up our calls or messages. Tari suggested that Probably wouldn't be safe because apparently something is wrong with the other Yous, but Saiko and Belle took that as a challenge"

"This could have to do with the Core's lingering Energy inside them..." Neg4 says

"And you'd be right" Neg3 says "When you guys left after mine and 4's...Exchange... I got a call from our 1 and 2"

"Woah, hold on 2, slow down" Neg3 says "You're talking too fast"

Neg1 sighs "What they're saying is, continue to practice caution out there" He starts "After you left we've read up a bit more on the Core..."