Chapter 1: There's a reason for everything

April 27th, 2050

It has been a week since mother had died, we did not even know about Huntington's Disease until the doctor told us a week later when mother got worse. The doctor explained that there was no cure for it so on April 19th mother died that day, father was heartbroken and so was me and Nathanial throughout the whole day the last thing mother told us was "The only thing I can say is that now you've made progress throughout the years and I couldn't be prouder of you two, keep that light shining inside of you and I promise things will get better my beloved children...". We made a promise to our mom that we would make her proud and now I do not think the town will be the same after this incident, I just wish mother were still here she always knew what to do why did she have to go so soon...it could have been anyone else. Ever since mother gave this journal to us Nathanial kept seeing the photos of everyone she knew and I just read her old letters, I could not believe that our grandparents pushed her that far, but I always remembered the old stories we used to hear back then. Now for this day to arrive...

The town asks for answers so now I walked to the fountain and said "I know you are all scared and upset but would our leader want us to give up? She would want us to keep going so I give you the choice of voting for me or my brother to take the role of Lord". So now I gave the people a choice, they can choose who their new leader is but Nathanial got nervous he said "Clarisse I- I don't think this is a good idea m- maybe we should call Aunt Akari and Uncle Damian to let Victor lead, he is older than us..." Nathanial was always a poet and quiet but Victor couldn't help us he already had work ahead I didn't want to put more work on him. The next day I woke up after I walked out, I saw the people rebuilding the ancient community house and Nathanial ran hugging me saying "Well sis, your speech helped a lot of us! You are the new lord, and everyone is rebuilding the things from the past even mom's old sanctuary!" I saw it all, oh mother I wish you could see this you would be crying like I am...I chose to follow you mother we all made you proud.