Month Two

As time passed by, Deborah was already in her second month. Everyone was surprised but were starting to notice the changes. Deborah had finally started to feel well enough that she started moving around the house. Now, however, they never saw her anymore. She was forever stuck in her room, twenty-four-seven. Benjamin was hurt by this the most, but no one was allowed to go up there unless Deborah called on them. This was mainly because, she is a were-creature, that has a strong sense of smell. Deborah knew whose scent and demeanor she could and couldn't handle on some days. It had been one week into month two when they got a call from Deborah, asking for Samantha. Benjamin was broken about it not being him, but Samantha had an idea for him to not be sad.

"Hey, Ben, come here.", Benjamin set down the toy that he was playing with Woodland and walked over to Samantha.

"What's up?"

"Okay, as you know, I'm going to Deb. I'm bringing her food, a blanket, and some water. I could take a letter up for her from you. If you make one within the next ten minutes, I'll deliver it for yo- ", she didn't have to finish her sentence. Benjamin was off like a bolt and ran straight for the downstairs office for paper and a pen. Samantha softly chuckled then walked away, back to the kitchen, and found Matthew and Wesley preparing a tray for her to take. It had oatmeal with milk, three bottles of water, an orange, and a carefully placed, small, vase of flowers. Samantha couldn't help but silently 'awe' at the dedication to the presentation.

"Samantha, come.", she turned her head around and saw Wesley standing off to the side holding something small in his hand. She had never heard his voice so concerned. She quickly and quietly walked over.

"Yes sir. What else do you want me to take up?", she watches as he shakes a bit, takes her hand, placing a small bottle into it. He lets go of her quickly and backs up.

"I want you to get Deborah to take this. It's supposed to help with fetal development. It might make her nauseous, but I think it is necessary.", Wesley smiles weakly, hesitantly pats her shoulder, and walks off quickly, his long feather-tipped lion tail popping out. Samantha is left there, speechless. She might not know Wesley, but that didn't feel like him entirely. But she knows that this is his wife that is going through this. So, she ignores the pit in her stomach and walks back over to the tray, placing the bottle down on the tray with the other items.

"All right girlie. Everything that needs to be on there, is there. You ready to take it up there?", Samantha shakes the weird nagging feeling off and looks at Matthew, who was talking but she didn't catch it all.

"Sorry Dad, what did you say?", Matthew blinks, a look of concern in his eyes. He subtly doubles over for a second, something that happened more and more these days, and then stands back up fine again.

"You all right kiddo? You don't space out unless something is bothering you."

"Yeah, Dad. I'm okay. Don't worry! Just repeat what you said.", Matthew could tell she was hiding something, but wasn't going to push any further.

"Okay, I trust you. All I said was that the tray is ready to go. You can take that up to Deb now.", Samantha nods, grabs the tray, and walks to the stairwell. Matthew watches her walk away and can tell that something is bothering his girl, but isn't going to interfere unless it continues or worsens.

Samantha makes it to the stairs and finds Benjamin waiting there, still writing on a folded piece of paper. She steps her foot a little louder and watches as his head shoots upward, scribbles one last thing, and places the card on the tray. Samantha nods her head and stops moving as Ben carefully hugs her around her waist. Once he lets her go, she walks up the stairs, carefully, and nervously, hoping that this all will help Deborah to feel better. She makes it to the top of the stairs and sets the tray down on a coffee table right outside Deborah's door. Samantha walks over to the door and softly knocks on it.