Month Five

Month five, and despite what it felt like, Wesley did keep his word. He allowed Deborah to leave her room and wander about the house. She got to see the kids a lot more and was far more involved with Bailey's growth and development. Deborah started to notice that when she was around the house, Wesley seemed to be only a couple of feet away, watching. Each time she looked over her shoulder, his dark blue eyes were staring daggers at her. Sometimes, she would flinch, but being around the others blocked out his odd, rapidly changing, personality. However, she may have done what needed to be done so far, but she had one last thing she wanted to do. She wanted a better look at the house. Samantha made it, but she has only seen the top floor and the living room. 

One day, she asked Samantha to show her around sometime soon. Samantha was more than happy to give Deborah the tour. She hadn't been able to show off the house like this to anyone else, so she was excited, to say the least. She planned the house tour to take place during her favorite part of the day, dusk. It was also one of the times that the house was at its best. However, Samantha did improvise it quite a bit. Since Deborah was showing more and more with each passing week, her back pain was kicking in at a much faster pace. Meaning, it would be hard for her to do too much without getting tired. Samantha knew this and had already created an easier path for them to take and do. Sam even offered to let the others join if they wanted. Benjamin did, but the others backed out. Matthew was going to be taking care of the kids, and Wesley claimed it to be 'childish'.

Matthew had started to notice an odd energy starting to circle around Wesley. He felt, weird, whenever he was around him. None of the others saw it, so Matthew kept it to himself. He started to realize that saying something like that in front of Benjamin, his son who was starting to become fond of Wesley, would break his heart. He might have already felt pretty bad about that already, but the added hormones from sharing the pregnancy with Deborah made it worse. 

As time drew closer to Samantha's tour, Wesley started to become more and more protective and unwilling of the idea. As dinner rapidly approached, he came over to Deborah and was going to make his final plea. Deborah looks up at him and almost feels scared of his changed demeanor. Wesley seems to pick up on this and relaxes some. He walks over to her, then notices the kids around her. He looks at them, grabs Deborah's arm, and pulls her out and away from the area. The kids try to follow, but Wesley shakes his head, and they all run off to where Matthew was, watching quietly.

"Wesley, what are doing?" Deborah hadn't seen him act like this and was worried about why he would. He drags them up one flight of stairs and then drags her into Samantha's room. He closes the door and then lets go of her. She stumbles back slightly, then rubs her wrist, it aching slightly from his grip. He notices and walks over, taking her hand, rubbing her wrist slightly.

"I'm sorry my love, I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm just- I don't want you overdoing it!" Deborah shrinks back slightly since he raised his voice at her. He's not one to do that. Again, he notices, and places a hand on his head, rubbing his temple.

"Look, I wouldn't be doing this unless I thought I couldn't handle it, Wesley. I'm not that fragile. I didn't have trouble when I was pregnant with Benjam-"

"How could I know?! This, is, completely different! This is magic. What if they start sucking all your energy and at the end of all this, you die? What then?!" She flinches, then starts panting softly, feeling stress taking over her body, on the verge of a panic attack. Deborah stands tall, hiding it, then lets her half-form out. Wesley stares at her form, seemingly surprised.

"I don't want to hear this kind of thing, Wesley! I'm just pregnant. The Goddess of Life never said anything about me dying at the end-"

"And if she was lying?! You can't trust The Gods, no matter who they are! And, I don't want you talking with The Gods anymore. They are nothing but trouble and a bunch of liars." Wesley steps back slightly, then looks at Deborah. Deborah is leaning on Samantha's drawers next to the door, sliding down some. Wesley immediately feels regret and is at her side in seconds. He wraps his arms around her and starts breathing so she can calm down.