Month Seven

Syntec; Location Twenty-Five, 4:55 AM

Nelson sat at his desk, running a hand through his hair, stressed out of his mind. He had about five major things, with ten minor things, running at once in his mind. Along with the normal stresses of being a CEO alone and taking care of over thirty locations. Sure, he had allies, and people he trusted, but there were a lot of things that he still never let other people know about. 

For instances, this special undercover project happening right now, is reaching a climax. And because of this he could feel the overwhelming worry that they could get caught waring down on him. As his thoughts continued to spiral, he got ripped out of his trance by the sound of a knock at his door. He growls under his breath and looks up, feeling tenseness in his neck from having not moved for hours.

"...come in. And make it quick." He watches as his most trusted doctor, Thornton, step in to the door way, a clip board in his hand.

"Morning, sir. I have word about the twins, and their progress so far." Nelson, who was rubbing his eyes, blinks them and looks up at the doctors, interest covering his face,

"Alright. I'm okay being interrupted for this news. What has come of them since placing them in the project?" Thornton smirks slightly, looking Nelson over, then comes in further, standing still, reading off his clip board.

"Good to hear, sir. Anyways, as far as we can tell, they are responding to every serum well. Project Age has done well, making them far more capable, and intelligent. And Project Pegasus has made them physically improved. Again, they are responding well to the serums. The only down side we've come across, is them needing to stick together, meaning teamed injections, and weakness for hours after each injection." Nelson listens to this all, nodding his head, thinking over each detail being said to him, thinking of the potential with these twins.

"...Also, sir, we have an experiment today with the two of them, and thought it would be something you'd like to sit it on, considering there should be little to no issues. One; just to get you out of here, and two; to give you hope, sir. Seeing that the strongest of our subjects are all surviving, with a high rate. Which means Cobalt is that much closer to falling into our hands." Nelson's eyes widened as 'Cobalt's' name left Thornton's lips. Everyone knew that that was the way to get Nelson's interests to be perked. Benjamin was still top priority for all of Syntec. Nelson looks at Thornton, then stands, stepping out from behind his desk, feeling soreness shoot through his whole body.

"Okay. You know how to get me out of here, dammit. Let's go see how the twins do, shall we?" Thornton blushes, almost invisibly, and nods, leading Nelson out and down the hall.

"Alright then, sir. I'm glad it worked. You haven't left in forever. Also, we will be doing the second level of the Project Pegasus serum. The new version. It has a high success rate with the strongest subject we have, meaning, we believe it to be safe for the twins." Nelson walks next to the doctor, nodding and think as they moved. The more he heard, the more straight and precise he could feel his body become.

"Ahh, well, if it has a high success rate, then we should be able to inject it into strong beings like the twins. And, food for thought, Thornton, have you considered placing them into Project Power? They were confirmed to be normal, despite their parents." Thornton, knowing that their Nelson was returning quickly, raises an eyebrow checking his notes, then smiling wide.

"You know, I hadn't thought of that, but you're right! The twins do qualify for Project Power. We have only had four success in that field, and should place more in it. I will talk with my people about adding them." Nelson nods, a sinister smirk crossing over his face.