Month Four

Month four: how fast time flies by. Deborah had finally made it to the point where there was almost absolute certainty that she won't miscarry. Then again, these babies did come from magic, so the likelihood of them dying was very low anyways. However, Deborah couldn't help the sigh of relief when she noticed it had been four months. She has been confined and locked back up in her room since Wesley came back. He suddenly seemed strict and protective. She knew it was pure paranoia and needed to know why to this extent. 

Wesley had deemed himself the hunter of the group and offered to go out to a cow paster that he and Benjamin had found the other week while bonding. Matthew and Wesley had agreed to take turns since Matthew got better, but Wesley goes out far more. Since he leaves for those small windows, Deborah takes that time to walk around the house, check in on everyone, and then return to her room. However, today, she wants to change that. She needs to talk with Wesley about this sudden fear that has taken over him. She heard from Matthew that Wesley had gone out to hunt, and he would be back in about five minutes. Deborah decided to wait in the living room for Wesley, and then take him upstairs to talk. Samantha felt worried, but she didn't admit that out loud. However, Deborah could hear her thoughts, and since Samantha was curled up next to Deborah, she could also hear the poor girl's heart pounding away inside her chest.

"Sam?", Samantha flinched, hearing the silence break.

"Yes, Deb?"

"You need not worry about me, okay? I know Wesley. He wouldn't hurt me.", Samantha, without saying a word, nodded and rolled over to hug Deborah. Deborah was wondering why Samantha would be scared of this situation. She doesn't have long to let that thought linger before Benjamin skids into the room, moving around swiftly. She looks at her son with curiosity and wonders what this was about.

"Does anyone else hear that?"

"Hear what Ben?", Deborah watches as Benjamin stands still, and then points in her direction.

"THAT! I've heard it alllll day! I don't know what it is, but it's loud, and it sounds like it's more than one, whatever it is- ", Deborah looked around her and thought for a second before realizing what it could be. She turns to Benjamin, face calm, but mind, totally confused and shocked.

"Ben, dear, I think that is the triplet's heartbeats- I'm four months along, meaning their hearts are going to start beating. That must have started today, meaning they're healthy!", Deborah watched as all the kids look up in shock and wonder. Samantha, who was cuddling Deborah's growing stomach already, immediately put her ear up to Deborah's stomach, while Benjamin just stared. Deborah combed her hand through Samantha's hair and looked at Benjamin. The sweet moment was interrupted by the front door being pushed in. 

Everyone looked to the door, the kids hiding on and around Deborah. She couldn't understand why they are so upset, then she looked to the door. She saw a giant Griffin walk in, beak and front talons covered in blood. It was Welsey; back from his hunt and clearly, he hadn't cleaned up yet. He looks around the room, head tilting and moving around, eyes scanning the room. After a couple of seconds, his eyes land on Deborah. The kids could tell that he was upset to see her out, but Deborah was looking past his stare of intimidation. She goes to move, only to have the kids stop her mid-movement. She rests her hands on some of their cheeks and whispers kind, comforting words to them. She stands up completely and walks over to Wesley with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Wes, I'd like to talk to you. We're going to our floor, now.", Wesley lets out a quiet screech and stalks over, following her upstairs. She could tell this was about to be a very interesting conversation. She never had to do this when she was pregnant with Benjamin, and they had the twins with them. However, it has been six years of Syntec messing with them.