Break up Blues 💔💙💚🪶Rise x Gender!Neutral Reader

Slight Angst Warning? (This deals with a bad break up)

CW: No actual lemons but does have strong sexual implications.

TW: Contains alcohol use and strong language.

The cool night air hit Leonardo's masked face as he gazed out at the vast landscape of his home, New York City. Even at night the city never seemed to fully rest. Lights beamed brightly, cutting through the blanket of darkness the twilight had to offer. Groups of people still bustled through the streets, although the population certainly dwindled compared to the day.

He's lived here all his life yet it still never ceases to amaze him. The only thing that surpasses it is... well... you. How can you be so damn perfect? The red-eared slider smiled. You were just so effortlessly gorgeous, hilarious, and wonderful, your voice sweeter than honey, yet stern when you needed to be. No matter how hard he tried to stay aloof, and cool, you always seem to break down his walls.

God, he loved you, in every sense of the word, but there was no way he could tell you, as you already had another. His smile drooped to a frown, slight jealousy and sadness beginning to seep into his once honey-coated heart. Leo wanted to be happy for you, but how could he? Your partner never treated you right. You would often go on rants to the turtle about how one-sided the relationship seemed. You did so much, so fucking much for that douche, yet you'd hardly get anything- If anything- in return. Arguments would in-sue a lot, and you would come to the lair sobbing, to Leon sobbing...

He would try to tell you to leave them, that they aren't worth your time or efforts, but that's when they would change tactics. Every time they would convince you to stay with them, grasping at anything they could to keep you from leaving. Leo wanted to punch the shit out of them, to cuss them out and tell them all the glorious things about you, how he would never treat you so terribly, but he couldn't. Not without the fear of losing you.

He sighed audibly as he continued to zone out, the city ambience only aiding the action. Ping! He was snapped out of his thoughts as his phone got a notification from you. It was a text from you.

Hey... I got off of work early, do you want to hang out?

Leo's heart skipped a beat! He began typing right away.

Hell yeah, what do you have in mind lovely?

Grab your hoodie and meet me at (favorite pizza place).

So it's a date then? ;)

Whatever dork, see you in 30.

Make that 20 N/N. Already have it on.

Ah so it's a race then? I'll see you when you get here.

Bet.

With that he slid his phone back into his hoodie pocket, and began parkouring over the rooftops, determined to get there first.

* * *

You stepped out of the Uber, there was no way he was here first, it hadn't even been 15 minutes. You hummed a giggle to yourself as you waited at the restaurant's entrance.

Suddenly a pair of hands grabbed your shoulders shouting a "BOO!" You screamed before you realized it was Leonardo. Fucker.

"Leo! What the hell?" You scolded with a light smack to his face. He chuckled giving you a big hug.