Chapter 27 - Homecoming Game Continued

Austin and Jolie were moved to the back of the line because they were told they were going last. She would've rather gone first and just gotten it over with. The rest of the Homecoming court lined up in front of them, which included Mandy who was being escorted by Chaz. As she passed by them to get in line she glared at all of them and then said sarcastically, "Lookin' cute there Bailey," with a snicker.

"Cuter than you," Blaze scoffed and Mandy made an offended, hurt face before crossing her arms angrily and taking her place in front of them in line.

"Thank you," Bailey whispered to him.

"You're welcome," Blaze smiled.

Jolie was so happy Blaze had agreed to go with Bailey. If it wasn't for him, she would've had to walk out alone with no escort and she would've been so embarrassed. She couldn't wait for her to get her makeover tomorrow and surprise everybody.

The announcer called out each couple one by one and they had to walk forward across the field as the announcer read out information about them. Then they received a bouquet of flowers and took a photo for the school newspaper before lining up in front of the packed bleachers.

As it got closer to their turn Jolie put her arm inside of Austin's and hung onto him for support. She was so nervous that her legs were shaking. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath and exhaled.

"Are you nervous?" Austin asked.

Jolie laughed. "Umm, yeah. You could say that. You can probably hear my knees knocking."

Austin laughed, shaking his head. "Why? All you have to do is walk and smile. It's not like you have to throw a football to someone all the way at the end of field while you have six foot five three hundred pound linemen trying to knock your head off like I do."

Blaze looked back at her and said, "It's okay. Don't be nervous Jo. You've got this," before reaching out and giving her a fist bump.

That made her smile.

"Thanks Blaze."

The announcer called for Blaze and Bailey and they walked forward with Bailey holding onto his arm. Jolie waited for her and Austin's names to be called, holding her breath with her eyes closed.

"And finally we have Jolie Watson escorted by her boyfriend Austin Fox who is also in the Homecoming Court."

Jolie couldn't believe he seriously just called Austin her boyfriend. Austin must have written that on the information sheet he turned in about himself.

As they walked forward arm in arm the announcer said, "Jolie is a recent transfer here from New York City. She will be attending Harvard Law school in the fall and she plans to be a lawyer like her father. She plans to be a prosecuting attorney so she can make sure dangerous criminals are found guilty and taken off the street. Austin Fox is the quarterback of our football team, captain of the basketball team, Senior class President and the current valedictorian of the Senior class. Austin plans to attend Harvard Medical school in the fall to become a doctor specializing in cancer research."

They walked in front of the packed bleachers as the crowd cheered, before being handed a bouquet of flowers and asked to posed for a few pictures for the newspaper. Then all of couples posed for a few pictures together before they were finally allowed to leave, walking off the field arm in arm.

"See that wasn't so bad was it?" Austin asked her and she shrugged. "Well you're gonna have to get used to being in front of crowds of people if you're really going to be a lawyer. Whoever heard of a lawyer with stage fright?" he laughed.

She realized he was right. She hated getting up in front of people and being the center of attention, so how was she going to do when she had to get up in front of a packed courtroom and speak?