Chapter 31 - The First Time

Jolie's mouth dropped open in shock as she watched Austin and Mandy making out in his bedroom and pulling each other's clothes off before falling back onto his bed.

"Ugh!" she groaned in disgust, grabbing for the cord of her blinds, pulling them down.

She couldn't believe him. It was obvious that she had made the right choice. She went back to reading and a little while later she heard the sound of a door downstairs and then footsteps on the stairs.

Blaze appeared in her doorway and he leaned against it, shoving his hands into his pockets and crossing his feet at his ankles, giving her a smile.

"Hey New York, or should I call you Homecoming Queen now?" he asked with a flirty grin. "You left early."

She let out an exhale closing her book.

"Yeah, I wasn't having fun anymore. What about you and Bailey? Did you guys have fun?" she asked.

He walked into the room and stripped his suit jacket off, throwing it over her desk chair before sitting down next to her on the bed.

"Yeah. We had a good time," he nodded.

She looked down at her hands and hesitated before saying quietly, "She looked really pretty didn't she?"

"Yeah, she did," he agreed. "She looked beautiful."

Hearing that hit Jolie with a pang of jealousy and she bit into her bottom lip, looking down at her hands.

"She told me about what you and your Mom did for her. That was really nice."

She nodded. "Yeah. It felt really good to see her happy."

"So ummm. What happened between you and the jockstrap? You never told me why you guys broke up."

Jolie looked down and let out an exhale. She hugged her arms across her chest and shrugged. "I just realized he wasn't the person I thought he was when we first met. I started seeing different red flags and my gut was telling me it wasn't right."

She was quiet for a few seconds before saying, "That kiss you saw at the dance was actually my first kiss."

"Really?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "Shit."

"Yeah, I just thought it would feel different," she sighed. "I thought it would feel more special, like fireworks going off or something. You know? I didn't even get butterflies in my stomach," she sighed with disappointment.

She finally looked up and he was studying her with his dark eyes.

"Maybe that's because you kissed the wrong person," he said quietly. "If it was with the right person, I bet you would've felt fireworks."

Her eyes were locked onto his and her heart started to beat faster and she suddenly became aware of how close he was sitting.

"Who's the right person?" she asked softly.

He looked at her and said, "I think we both know the answer to that question."

She held her breath as she glanced down at his lips and then looked back up into his eyes that were looking into hers. Then she realized he was slowly moving forward. She started moving forward too, and his hand slid around the back of her neck and her eyes closed right as their lips pressed together.

Feeling his lips on hers made her insides flutter and it felt like a rush of emotions that made her light headed and her skin tingled all over. Her heart pounded as she started kissing him back. Kissing him was so different than kissing Austin, like night and day.