Chapter 34 - Confronted by Mom

"What about?" Jolie asked hesitantly as she sat her backpack down and took a seat on the couch, tucking her leg under her.

"Well, Blaze came home from school early and we had a talk," her Mom said, not looking happy.

"A talk?"

"Yeah, about you and him," she said, raising an eyebrow and then letting out an exhale. "He ummm. He confessed to me that you two slept together."

"He did?" Jolie swallowed hard, feeling her heart rate pick up as she braced herself for the lecture she was about to get.

"and he took full responsibility for everything and apologized," her Mom said.

"Why? It wasn't his fault. I'm the one that came onto him," Jolie said, scrunching her brows in confusion.

"Well maybe he thought it would be better if he took the blame so you wouldn't get in trouble. Honey, I just wish you would've come and talked to me about all this," she said with an exhale. "You know I've always told you you can talk to me about this kind of stuff Jo."

"I know Mom. I actually was going to tell you when I got home but he beat me to it."

"Well I'm glad. I want you to feel like you can be open and honest with me so I can give you advice and maybe you won't make the same mistakes I did. I've learned a lot through the years and I have a lot of good advice to give if you just ask."

Jolie nodded. "I know Mom. Next time I'll remember that. I just wasn't sure how you'd react since he's living here."

"Well, actually I told him it would probably be best for him to find another place to live considering the circumstances. You guys are still in high school and if you're together, you shouldn't be living under the same roof. That's just asking for trouble."

Jolie felt tears burning at her eyes. "Please don't send him and his brother away," she begged, feeling a tear roll down her cheek as her chin quivered. "It wasn't his fault and they have nowhere else to go."

Her Mom reached out and laid her hand on her arm. "Honey, I'm not sending his brother away. Blaze and I both decided Cole should stay here with us until Blaze can get his own place and get custody of him."

"But where's Blaze going to live?" Jolie sniffled.

Her Mom shrugged and let out a sigh. "I don't know. I'm sure he'll find a place. Maybe he'll stay with some friends or something."

Jolie shook her head, thinking. She needed to talk to him before he left. She got up and ran upstairs, trying to catch her breath through her tears. This was exactly what she had been afraid of, that Blaze would get kicked out.

She busted through his door and her heart dropped when she saw that all of his stuff was gone and his closet and dresser were empty.

"He's already gone," her Mom said from behind her.

Jolie turned around and saw her Mom leaning against the doorframe with her arms crossed, giving her a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry sweetheart. I know he means a lot to you."

Jolie covered her face with her hands and started to sob really hard. She finally lifted her tear-streaked face and looked at her Mom.