"you need to take a break"(Overworking Mordecai x Tough g/n/y/n

☁️☁️☁️☁️
{{Hey btw- I'm gonna be writing y/n as my persona, I'll add the details of who he is in a min lol}}
.
.
.
.
.

Y/n knocked on the door of Mordecai heller with a clipboard in hand. "Hey, four-eyes, boss says he wants you to look over these" y/n handed the clipboard to Mordecai when he caught his attention, before taking it back. Y/n saw piles of files and work documents, disorganized. It was unlike Mordecai to fail to have a neat and tidy workspace. "Wait, how long have you been working..?" Y/n raised their eyebrows. "It doesn't matter, I need to get this done, just hand it over.." Mordecai wore a deadpan and a strict expression on his face, a slight sound of annoyance and fatigue in his voice as he reached his hand out to take the clipboard Y/n had snatched back.

"Oh no, no, no, Mor-mor.. you need to take a breather, you've been at this for hours." Y/n stepped back and set the clipboard on a side table close by. "I don't 'need a 'breather' I need to finish this," "nope, you want to finish this." Y/n said, cutting him off and taking a pen out of mordecai's hand. "What you need is to chill out.. get up and tidy your desk, I'll go make tea." Y/n started out the door, and kept in the kitchen for a bit. They brought back chamomile tea and sat on the side table. "Just, take a moment.." y/n said, standing up and starting to fix Mordecai's collar.

Mordecai's eyes softened when y/n had gotten close to him. He looked away, lightly flustered. "I.. appreciate your concern, y/n but I assure you I can handle myself.." "nope, you hush up.. I could see how 'well' you could handle yourself when I saw the disorganized mess you had on your desk. That's not the daily norm for you.." y/n said, this time in a slightly smug tone and raising an eyebrow, before reaching up to hold mordecai's face. Mordecai sighed. "Okay.. okay...I'll admit, I had gotten a tad carried away with this all.. and.. really, I do appreciate this, a lot.." Mordecai held y/n's hand to his face. "I'll stop for the night.." Mordecai reassured y/n. Y/n smiled softly, "good, I'll head back to my room, if I catch you working again later I'll steal your glasses, you big nerd.."