12

"I was only a baby...a couple of months old.My father and mother where wealthy people but I never knew how because my father never told me how he worked.All I know was that he would tell me stories about a Mexican governor and I masked man which I remember he called a fox.I was born in Spain and lived in Mexico.In Spainish fox is zorro or zorra.I had a brother but after an incident he left home."

"Incident?" James asked

"I'm telling you everything from start to now,alright.I need to tell someone because my entire life it haunted me."

"One day,my mother was putting me to bed when my father came home.They left my bedroom and hugged each other they closed my door and I was suddenly awaken by a gun shot.My nan told me everything what he said,the man with a gun 'Doña De La Vega-"

"De La Vega?"

"I was never...really a swann..well slightly...the father im talking about is my step father.The governor and mother let go of each a few days before I was born and my mother had to marry someone who could help her raise me.Anyways."

" 'Doña De La Vega,still as beatiful as ever,I am sorry that I could not protect this country from the peasants.I am sorry I have to leave you without a husband' the next thing I was told by my nan was my father had been being arrested but he knocked a guard out and took his sword starting to fight the man shooting.The man shooting,Rafael Montero,Governor of Mexico,had stolen me from my family that night.The house burnt down because while fighting they knocked down the candles and a curtain caught fire.My mother saved my father from getting shot and ran in front of him.Instead of my father getting shot my mother hand been shot in the chest."

"When I was... about 14 or 15, a was called down stairs by Rafael and everything was so urgent so I ran as fast as I could. As I approached him my real father stood in the shadow pointing a sword to his neck. I didn't know it was him. I stayed there staring and tears started to sting my eyes. I asked him 'what is happening?' And my only reply was 'tell her,tell her Rafael' I stayed in shocked and asked my father what he was talking about. 'Tell her how her mother died.' Rafael refused to answer but was forced. I came to realise... she was killed by him. The next question from father was 'tell her who her real father is' Rafael said as a reply ' your daughter is lost De La Vega, you cannot have mine.' I recognise that name the night before my nan and I accidentally met at the markets. I told him take i knew of 'Diego and Esperanza De La Vega'. I also told him about flowers being hung on my crib but he wouldn't tell me what flowers.At that moment,  Rafael lost it. He told him is he doesn't put the sword down he would have him shot."

"In front of you?" James asked

"Yes, in front of me, even though after understanding this it would kill me to know."