Chapter 11

It's been a while since the first announcements of the spring time events. The principal of their campus and the selected teachers have gotten many students to help out with the festival. Each student and class has worked on art, games, food and drinks, along with many other things that can be enjoyed. In Mia and Aron's homeroom class, they helped with setting up some of the artwork. The artwork is to be put up around the campus hallways to advertise the features of the festival.

After everything has been made the classes have started putting up their work. Some of the club room were used for the event as well, and after everything was set up Aron and Mia leave the campus. The spring festival they're having will be later that night, with it starting just after 6:30pm.

"Do you think the visitors will like our work?" Aron asks her.

"Don't look at me I have no idea how they'll react to it" Mia replies. "But we tried our best. Parents, kids, students at the campus, a lot of people are going to be here tonight."

"I overheard a conversation between our teacher and the principal earlier when I went to the bathroom, apparently there's going to be a firework show along with a performance by the drama club" he says.

"What about sports?" Mia asks as she looks back to the football and baseball fields at the campus.

"What about the sports?" he asks. "They might have something planned but it might just happen later in the school year."

"I see" Mia says. "Come on, lets get home then."

Mia is walked home by Aron, and after a quick kiss goodbye she goes to her room. She finishes her homework quickly just like any other day, and after she's done she enjoys some music while she draws. Her mom enters her room a while later and knocks on the doorway.

"Hey sweetie, don't you have plans tonight?" her mom asks.

"Yeah, I assume the college called each family about the event tonight?" Mia asks in reply.

"What are you going to wear for him, you do want to look nice right?" she asks.

"It's not like its prom night mom, he doesn't care what I wear" Mia tells her. "But I'll be sure to pick out something nice."

"Alright, well dinner will be ready in a couple hours" her mom says.

"Can I help you make it?" Mia asks.

Her mom nods and they go to the kitchen. They start to prepare what's for dinner, something that they both enjoy, tacos. Her mom gets the skillets ready and she starts to cook the meat, while Mia gets the corn tortilla's for the shells. Her mom fries them and folds them, sprinkling them with salt as she lays them out one by one. Mia gets a cutting board and she chops up some onions, lettuce, and jalapeños. After all of it is prepared they sit at the table and begin eating.

As soon as Mia's done she washes her plate and goes to the bathroom to clean up. Mia washes off her face and brushes her teeth, and after she's all cleaned up she goes to her room to get dressed. Mia opens her closet and puts on her black jeans with a white V-neck shirt, something that's casual for her but doesn't show off too much to others.

"Thank you for dinner mom, I have to get going now" Mia says as she rushes to the door and puts her shoes on. "I'll see you later!"

"See you tonight sweetie, have a fun time!" she replies.

Mia leaves the house in a cheerful mood, she skips down the street like a small child full of excitement for tonight. She rounds a corner onto the street Aron lives on, and she skips down to his house. When she gets closer she can see him standing at the door as he talks with his sister. She spots Mia behind her brother and she ends their conversation and shuts the door. Aron walks down to the street and he greets Mia, then they walk to the school together.