25

Sophia's POV:

Christmas was over, and it was right to say that I had a great time. Despite the fact that I didn't spent Christmas at home with my family. Well, you could say I spent Christmas with my family. Leah was some sort of family for me. But still, it was a little weird since I had been with my parents the previous years.

Leah and I had many long discussions about New Year's Eve though. The two of us both wanting to celebrate it at home. Ending up deciding to stay in London. Beth and Vivianne had called us the next day to invite us for their New Year's Party. What a coincidence. We couldn't possibly turn it down. Especially Leah wanted to go as Keira and Georgia had been invited as well.

Beth and her girlfriend were planning on having a few drinks in a local pub. We would celebrate the countdown together there.

The days went by, and I found myself hectically looking through my wardrobe. "Leah!" I whined. "I have literally nothing to wear." We both knew I was a little dramatic and there was probably a lot of choice, but I couldn't seem to find the right piece. My nerves were also hitting on me, as I had something planned for midnight.

"I'm convinced that is not true." Leah appeared in the doorframe, grinning at me. „Let me have a quick look and choose something?" My nod was the response she needed, before wandering through my clothes.

„Look at this! You would look absolutely gorgeous in this dress." She held out a black dress with a free back. „Please?" She pouted. It wasn't really what I would've went with but I liked that dress a lot. „The dress it is." I grabbed it and started to change. So did Leah; changing into her white suit. When she walked out of the bathroom, my heart stopped. She did look so good, my breath hitched. „W-wow." I stuttered, unlike me. „Did I took your breath away, Jones?" Her calling me by my last name was something else. „Indeed."
„You don't look bad yourself, babe." You could say I was a blushing mess.
I placed a kiss on her mouth and started curling my hair.

„How much time do we have left?"
„About one hour." She said.

The hour went by fast. Faster than we thought. Luckily I was long finished with my hair and just finished my make-up. Leah was finished as well and we packed our bags. „Are you ready?" I asked her, impatient. I didn't want to arrive too late. „Yep." she popped the 'p' and took my hand.

The pub wasn't located far away and we soon stood in front of the big wooden door. Behind said door, the music was banging through the not too big location. I spotted Georgia, who was chatting with Keira and Lucy and dragged Leah with me. „G." I wrapped my arms around her shoulders. „Sophia! I missed you so much." You could sense that she was slightly tipsy.
„Oh, Leah. I missed you as well." Georgia went to hug Leah. „I'm getting us drinks, are you fine here?" I asked Leah and left, after she send me thumbs up.

I made my way over to the bar and leaned against the counter. After clearing my throat the bartender turned around. „Hey I'd like to order two Wildberry Lillet."
The woman nod and send me a kind smile. „Gotcha." she joked. „Do you enjoy your night so far?" she asked while preparing the drinks. „Yes, of course. I can't wait for it to be midnight."
It would turn out I shouldn't have said that.

„Such a pretty girl like you should have a great start into the new year." was she flirting or just kind?
„Do you come here often?" she asked.
„I have a busy schedule and besides alcohol isn't such a great idea."
„How come?"
„I'm a professional footballer."
„Oh, I see. We sell water..." The two of us shared a laughter. „I'll keep that in mind."

„Here you go." she handed me the two glasses. „Thank you!"
With the drink, I walked back to the group. When I arrived there, I noticed Leah had a not so pleased look on her face. „Are you okay?" I nudged her. But she ignored me.
„Hello, earth to Leah." I said again.
„What?" she snapped. For no reason. I raised my eyebrow. „What happened??"
„The bartender happened. Do you think, I couldn't see the look on her face that said 'I'd like to fuck you right now'."