19|Paper bag rustling in the wind

(paper bag king all bow to paper bag)

Six was laughing at something Mono had said when she saw her. Out of the corner of her eye, there she stood. Her hood was pulled back for once, and Six saw her face. Six had always wondered why someone who was obviously pretty would have a crush on her...But that was all in the past, she had Mono now and he was wonderful. But as Alice stepped into sight, all the time they had spent together in the past, all those hours wondering if she was only an imaginary friend, crying when she saw anything yellow...Alice was there, alive and whole. But now Six kind of wanted to kill her.

"Six? Is that you? W-who's he?..."

Mono was confused. Here he was, with Six, having a good time...The usual. Then another girl wearing a yellow raincoat shows up and Six looks at her with murderous eyes, but somehow filled with heavily-veiled sadness. You would have to know her very well to pierce those curtains. Then another person came out from where he was lingering back..

Mono was still confused.

RK? RK was....RKing. Doing what he did best. Hugging Nomes. Patting Nomes on the head and starting a dynasty of Nome kings. The normal.

Meanwhile, Alice and Six were having a perfectly nice conversation, while the boys were staring at each other not knowing what to do about the situation at hand. RK was fidgeting nervously and unconsciously clenching and unclenching a Nome to his chest. The squeaks it made were unheard by all except for one. Alice broke off her illuminating conversation with Six and rescued the poor little Nome from RK's arms. Frowning, she told RK off, noticing as she did, his smoke-grey eyes. Swirling smoke spirals slowly, round the perimeters of his irises, as he replied, Alice found herself unable to focus, to focus on anything but those eyes....

Six glared at Alice and Mono saw (metaphorical!) daggers flying out, hovering just before her throat, but he was used to this kind of thing. Six would meet someone, attempt to kill them a few times, get attached, and then inevitably the person would die. The causes would vary to getting abducted by the doctor, throttled by the teacher, cooked by the chefs - and the most recent- being eaten. However, Alice was different. The two seemed to have met before and had an encounter so profound that Six still cried at anything yellow. Maybe they broke up or something?

A gust of wind came from nowhere, and blew Mono's paper bag hat off. He chased after it and Six stopped her glaring to help him, Alice ceased basking in RK's eyes, trying to grab a hold of it- RK ran over and got some Nomes to surround the escaping paper bag. With a barrage of people on all sides, the paper bag was outnumbered and had to admit defeat.

Mono instantly pulled the bag back over his head, masking his face yet again.

- ps, Alice is bi because I said so. also I thought it would be cute to have her crush on six when they first meet.