Chapter 8

"Okay, this place is way cooler than the Sanctum." Jen said as she, her dad, Pat and Barbara entered the Citadel.

"Gemma." Pat said as the Citadel's AI appeared.

"How can I assist you Mr. Dugan?" Gemma asked.

"Wait, this place has an AI?" Jefferson asked and Barbara nodded.

"It does, but the only person here that Gemma actually likes is my daughter Courtney. She'll take commands from the rest of us, but Courtney's the only one she's actually programmed to obey. Much to my annoyance. I still don't know why Sylvester did that." Barbrara said.

"Where are Courtney and Yolanda?" Pat asked.

"Yolanda is currently in the gym working out while Courtney is in the meeting room going over JSA files. Particularly the ones regarding her father. And Mr. Pierce, I see you got my signal." Gemma said.

"Wait, you sent Jefferson the signal?" Pat asked, surprised.

"I was following my protocols. Starman programmed me that once his daughter claimed the staff to send out a signal to any JSA communicators that were still operational. I believe he set the protocol up to bring any surviving JSA members together to help teach the new generation." Gemma said.

"That actually does make sense." Pat said and Jefferson nodded.

"Was I the only JSA member you sent the signal to?" Jefferson asked.

"Only two Justice Society Communicators have been detected as still active. One of which was yours." Gemma said, surprising them both.

"Who was the other?" Pat asked.

"The other signal was sent to a communicator in Central City and belonged to Jay Garrick." Gemma said.

"Wait, Jay's alive? I thought that he died when the rest of the JSA did? I saw his helmet left behind." Pat said.

"Maybe he faked his death." Jefferson said.

"Maybe, but we'll need to go to Central City to find out. But that can wait till later." Pat said as Jefferson nodded as Pat led them to the meeting room where they saw Courtney sitting at a computer, looking at files about her father from the JSA archives.

"How did you access the JSA database in Civic City here?" Pat asked, since he could tell that the files she was looking at came straight from the JSA mainframe.

"The citadel has remote access to the computer system." Courtney said as she turned to see the strangers with her mom and stepdad.

"Uh, Pat, why did you bring two strangers into the Citadel?" Courtney asked.

"Courtney, this is Jefferson Pierce, aka, Black Lightning." Pat said.

"Wait, as in the only member of the JSA who wasn't killed by the ISA?" Courtney asked and Jefferson couldn't quite gauge her reaction to that, not that he could blame her, since he was alive but her father was dead.

"Court." Pat said.

"Relax, I'm not upset about that, if anything, I kind of wish dad had made the same choice as him, but I understand why he didn't." Courtney said and Jefferson sighed in relief.

"But who's this?" Courtney asked, referring to Jennifer.

"I'm Jennifer Pierce and we have something in common, seeing as both our fathers were members of the JSA." Jen said.

"Really. Can you do anything?" Courtney asked, very curious.

"Can I?" Jen asked her dad, who nodded.

"Just don't destroy anything, since we can't afford to repair it." Jefferson said and Jen grinned eagerly as she showed off her powers.