Chapter 28

"Jennifer, please, come in." Henry Allen said as he showed Jennifer into the Allen House(the house the Whitmore Dugans had in the show, since they live in the mansion in this story).

"Thanks Dr. Allen. Is Chloe downstairs or in her room?" Jen asked, since she'd come over so Chloe could tutor her in her chemistry homework. She had to admit, school was a lot nicer here in Blue Valley than it was Garfield, since now she was free of all the expectations that came from being the principal's daughter, though that did mean that she did sympathize with Issac Bowin, the son of Blue Valley High's principal Anaya Bowin, though unlike her at Garfield, Issac was pretty badly bullied, though Jen did do her best to try and help him out. Anyways, another way Blue Valley High was better than Garfield was the lack of uniforms, since she did enjoy being able to wear regular clothes to school, since it did make her feel a little more comfortable, but the best part were her new friends. The new JSA had become more than just her teammates, they were new friends and they felt more like real friends than her old friends in Freeland in either reality had ever been. Probably because they understood her in a way that the people in Freeland didn't.

Jen had also formed a special bond with Chloe, since they were both new girls, both JSA legacies and both of them still had their parents.

Anyways, Jen had been having some issues in chemistry lately, so Chloe had volunteered to tutor her, since thanks to growing up in a family of scientists, she took all honors classes and she excelled at science, though she preferred music, which was why the basement of the Allen house had been turned into a soundproof music room for her.

"She's in the basement. If you hurry, you might catch the end of the new song she's working on." Henry said and Jen smiled.

"Thanks." Jen said as she headed to the basement and as soon as she opened the door, she could hear Chloe's voice singing as she played her guitar and Jen smiled as she listened to Chloe singing, though she had to admit, something about this particular song didn't feel right like the others.

However, the moment the door closed, Chloe stopped and hit the end button.

"Hey Jen." Chloe said.

"Hey, sorry to interrupt." Jen said.

"No, it's fine, I got so caught up in this song that I lost track of time. Something about it doesn't seem right." Chloe said.

"Yeah, I heard it too. Great lyrics, strong music, but it just doesn't sound right. What's it called?" Jen asked.

"It's called Something Real. I just wish I could figure out what's wrong with it." Chloe said.

"So, I guess we're going to figure out this song before we do chemistry homework?" Jen asked as she slid her backpack onto the floor.

"You just want an excuse to put off your homework." Chloe said with a smirk.

"You know me well. Now, can I please see your songbook to see if I can help you figure out what's wrong with the song." Jen asked, knowing how territorial Chloe was about her song book.

"You know you're one of the only people alive I'd ever allow to even touch my book, let alone read it." Chloe said as she handed Jen the book.

"This is really good. And I think I see your problem." Jen said after a quick look over.

"What do you think it is?" Chloe asked.

"I think that while you meant to write this song as a solo, it turned into a duet." Jen said.

"You think?" Chloe asked and Jen smiled at her.

"Trust me, I may not have your eye for music, but I know a thing or two about it. Take it from the top and I'll join in when I think it's a good time." Jen said and Chloe nodded as she looked at the book and started singing.