V| No Chances

我们希望你现在能完整地回家

(Italian: Italics)

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🎵🇸🇬 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : No Chances

"We get bodies every day

We want you home in one piece now "

Mai Chen finally felt that she could live her life in peace, alone

Her brother and his family had left back to Singapore just two days after Mai's show, knowing she had settled with Popcorn now at her side. Huan was hesitant to leave, as he always was after visiting, and it had created tears for Luli, but it was something they had to do.

Besides, Mai needed to get back to working and it was hard to do with a child in the house. When Luli was there, she had to be careful about waking her from naps and creating a moody child or the fact she hated being in the company of Averia. 

Now she could happily play her piano in peace and remain focused.

Not to mention, she knew that she needed to visit her neighbour and favourite friend, Sofia Ricci. She hadn't found the time with having guests staying or the fact she had been practising the piano whenever she had a moment alone.

The blonde was older than Mai by just over six years but had been there for her when her family couldn't get to her over lockdown. With Mai's condition, she couldn't risk getting sick and Sofia looked after her while raising her own kids, from cooking her healthy food to checking she had the correct medication. She even showed up to Mai's concerts and made sure she was alright.

Since Sofia was a music blogger, she unintentionally spent a lot of time following Mai in concerts and lectures since she would write about it. She was doing incredibly well as a blogger and Instagram influencer, with most of their family incoming coming from it.

"Who's this little guy?" Sofia questioned, staring at the new dog.

"This is popcorn, my service dog," Mai answered.

"Oh, it's about time!" Sofia smiled.

"Yes, it's been a long time," Mai agreed lightly. "Have you and your family been good?"

"My youngest, Alessia, she's doing well," Sofia replied. "But my son, Dante, is at a very annoying age where he's driving me and Giovanni insane."

Alessia was a sweet girl who would never be seen without pigtails in her hair and was often dressed in bright purples and blues. Giovanni was a rowdy small boy but still had a kind heart and never meant any harm. Sofia made sure her kids were raised right.