Chapter 9 - Im fine and back to work

Your POV:
It's been a few months since buck's accident and he's now ready to head back to work. I know all this because he told me... of course.

I knocked on the door of number 6. A minute or so later it opened. "Come in." Evan said with a smile. I took a seat on his sofa. Before I could say anything there was another knock at the door. "Hey baby." I heard her say. I rolled my eyes while my head was focused on the magazine that I was reading. Footsteps became louder. "Oh... you're here." She said looking me up and down. I smiled at her, nicely. Personally I knew Buck could do better but it is his life not mine, I'm definitely not going to interfere here, he's happy which is the main thing. I thought. The conversation continued between them. "I'll let you go, don't want you to be late and I'll see you later for our date." Taylor said to him saying the last bit louder so I could hear. Ok and? She left shortly after.

Buck was getting ready for work, slowly. "Just take it easy today will you." I said to him. Buck rolled his eyes. "I will. I'm not a kid plus I've been given the all clear." He told me. "Yeah I know but still you don't want to hurt yourself on your first week back do you?" I questioned. He sighed. "Yeah yeah,whatever." He groaned definitely not taking in anything I said.

- - - -

It was around lunch time and I decided to join Buck down at the fire house for some lunch. He was the only one there as the others were on a call. "How's it going?" I asked taking a seat next to him at the table. "Going nowhere." Buck mentioned. I laughed. "Well I'm here to keep you company now for a bit until I have to head off." I said making him smile. "I like your company." He added taking a bite of food that I bought with me. We had a laugh while everyone else was out, enjoying each other's company and playing a few games too. Oh how I missed these times together.

The truck pulled in and the crew jumped out. I saw Eddie, I believe his name was, still in his uniform, in the distance and we smiled at each other. "Ooo it must be love, love, love." Buck sang making me shove him. "Can't two people smile at one another." I mentioned making Buck laugh. "Not in my eyes." He replied making me roll my eyes in response.